Different Types of Garden Sheds Storage
Warehouses have a simple purpose: to create space in your garage so that you can stop for a ride on Little Jimmy’s bike or keep your important other in your suitcase. The most popular type of Garden Sheds Storage, the woodshed comes in contemporary and traditional designs that fit most gardens and can be modified to add shelves for more storage space. Wood storage sheds are the best type thanks to their easy-to-work wooden frames.
Vinyl and resin scales are made of different types of plastic and are easy to install. Compared to Amish warehouses, plate and metal warehouses (including steel and outdoor warehouses) are more versatile and have a longer service life and function for many purposes than metal or steel warehouses.
If you are considering outdoor sheds, you can compare Amish warehouses made of thicker wood than other wood sheds, vinyl warehouses for sale, and metal warehouses including steel sheds. Amish Storage Sheds are attractive because they are made of wood, but they decay quickly and can be attacked by termites and dry roots. Metal and steel scales do not have the problem of termites or wood rot like the Amish.
If you are planning to buy a metal shed, remember which foundation you are going to build your shed on, as many metals shed kits do not include a floor type. The best type of shed requires no maintenance and increases the service life of your outdoor warehouse.
There are different styles and uses for different building materials, so make sure that the construction of the garden house you choose can withstand the use you want. At Sun Rising Sheds, we have the experience and team to help you choose the best shed type for your property and narrow down your property for the perfect outdoor storage solution. Like us, we can help you find the building materials and find the best Types of Garden Sheds Storage for your home.
Outdoor storage sheds are large and designed to house things such as agricultural tools, gardening tools, fuel, tools, and other items used on the farm or in the yard. They are warehouses with sockets in various materials such as plastic, metal, wood, vinyl, and portable. A shed can be described as a one-story building at the back of the garden that serves as a warehouse or workshop.
A garden tool shed, is primarily used for storing garden tools. Wall surfaces are important in this type of shed, and the number of windows is limited.
A woodshed is a house or garage covered with plywood cladding. A woodshed has a wooden roof frame and standard roofing material such as asphalt shingles. Woodsheds like this give the farm a great look and do not require any special maintenance.
Building an outdoor storage shed is an easy way to add much-needed storage space. If your home style is more formal, choose this type of shed with formal features that suit you. Plants help the shed to blend into the yard without sticking out like a sore thumb.
Each type of shed has different offerings and so it is important to compare them in order to find the right one for you when buying a garden shed. Before we give you an overview of the three different types of scales, let us take a look at some of our most popular scales in size, style, and materials.
There are a lot of things to consider before spending a penny to build an outdoor storage shed, so let’s take a look at some of them. If you plan to use your outdoor storage space, ensure you have it planned before you buy a new shed. Warehouses vary in size, so make a list of what you want to store and get a specialist to help you assess how much space you need.
Save time and money by building your own timber storage and garden sheds. Throw in a warehouse shed guide today or the best barn and backyard warehouse kits for an easy build of a new shed.
Our Arrow Metal Outdoor Storage Shed is a cost-effective solution for all your storage space needs. Arrow Metal is one of our leading manufacturers of Duramax outdoor warehouses built with a rugged galvanized steel frame surrounded by thick vinyl roof walls and doors.
The aim of a garden shed is to become a home for garden tools such as square shovels, rakes, secateurs, pruning shears, pitchforks, hoes, trowels, wheelbarrows, etc. English wooden garden houses are large enough and high enough to provide gardening tools and tools with space. If you need smaller storage shed to house much bulkier items such as larger tools such as lawnmowers, bicycles, generators, etc., this is the place for you.
Outdoor warehouses with high-quality materials and solid construction look much better than the cheaper options. Many warehouses are manufactured with dense resins that are much heavier than conventional plastics. They are good for do-it-yourselfers and people looking for an out-of-the-box option.
Read More: Lifetime 6402 Outdoor Storage Shed Review
Garden Storage Sheds
For any serious gardener, the need for storage near the garden eventually becomes a necessity. Storing your large garden tools like the tiller or the shredder in the garage is not only inconvenient but eventually will take over the garage.
Hand tools like the hoe, rake, or spade stored near the garden will make the whole gardening experience that much more enjoyable. For those that are really serious, a work area for potting plants or starting seedlings is a real boon to the hobby. So what are some of the choices for garden storage sheds?
- OUTDOOR STORAGE: A beautiful shed to store and protect your power equipment, long handled tools, ladders, and bikes
- DURABLE: Multi-walled polypropylene resin panels are engineered for long lasting strength and stability
- REINFORCED FLOOR: Heavy-duty floor is designed to withstand abuse, supporting your lawn mower, tractor or other heavy equipment
- NATURAL LIGHT: Ideally placed series of skylights and windows provides natural light inside without sacrificing structural integrity
- LOCKABLE DOORS: Features a padlock hasp that allows doors to lock securely
Metal Garden Sheds
Available as a garden shed kit, these are usually some of the more cost-effective. Easy to put up, they are targeted to do it yourself. The knock-on are for the cheaper ones the structural integrity is not as good as wood and may rust or sag over the years.
The first place this will be evident is usually the door, which will be difficult to open. But if you invest in a higher grade metal with some type of rust resistance (stainless steel or aluminum) with a thicker metal wall, these can last for years.
- ELECTRO GALVANIZED STEEL: Treated with zinc and provides corrosion resistance and protects from wet weather
- UV RESISTANT STEEL PANELS: Treated to protect against rot, insects, and extreme weather conditions
- LOW GABLE ROOF: Designed with a low gable reinforced steel roof for extra stability
- SECURITY: Features a padlockable sliding door to help keep your items safe and secure (padlock not included)
- OUTDOOR STORAGE APPEAL: Complements a variety of home exteriors with its neutral palette of eggshell and coffee
Plastic Garden Sheds
Rubbermaid has a number of shed designs that are relatively inexpensive, very easy to assemble, and will weather all sorts of climates. They can be a fairly good size, with a floor plan size of 4×4 feet or more. They often come with a foundation or floor as well, providing a sealed building that resists pests well.
- Item may ship in more than one box and may arrive separately
- Interior Dimensions: 78.625" W x 50.625" L x 71.75" - 88.75" H
- Dual wall steel reinforced High Density Polyethylene construction
- Low maintenance design is UV-Protected to prevent weather damage; Backed by a 10-year limited manufacturer warranty
- High Pitched steel reinforced roof allows for quick drainage of rain and snow; Heavu-duty steel trusses provide additional roof strength
Garden Shed with a Loft
For a lot of storage space with a relatively small footprint, a shed with a loft is a great solution. This is usually found in larger wooden shed designs, but there are manufacturers like Suncast who make a simple wireframe shelf that can be attached to a shed ceiling to form a small loft. This is a great solution if you don’t have space for a large garden shed.
Garden Potting Shed
A dedicated potting shed is a great option if you have space and do a lot of potting and transplanting of plants. Some of the more elaborate ones even feature a windowed area to serve as a mini greenhouse.
Finally, to save money many folks will simply build from scratch, often using a garden shed plan of some sort. A favorite approach is to buy a book of plans to allow the review of a variety of plans, which is a very cost-effective approach.
- 50% STONGER - Have you tried a framer kit from the other guys? Did the brackets bend when you flipped it over? EZBUILDER has the solution! Now 50% stronger, galvanized steel brackets make your build a breeze. Multiple screw points and reinforced truss design provide you with superior strength to your frame.
- EZ MITER TEMPLATE INCLUDED – Only provided by EZBUILDER. Square cuts are weak. EZ Miter, Patent Pending, Reusable Template is a sturdy guide, to make the cuts easy!
- YOU PICK SIZE AND FINISH - Fully customizable size and finish! Make your new She Shed match your house. Better yet, build a small EZ shed to hide your garbage cans!
- NO CONTRACTORS NEEDED – Perfect easy weekend DIY project, build whatever size you need! 1 kit for a 7’x8’, 2 kits for 8’x10’, and 3 kits for a 10’x22’.
- LIFETIME WARRANTY - Wood and finish materials are NOT included. One EZBUILDER Peak framing kit includes: 24 Steel angles, 12 Steel base plates, 4 Door Header Brackets, an EZ Miter Template, and easy-to-follow plans.
Comparison Table of Outdoor Garden Storage Sheds
Read more: Upgrading the Roof on Your Gardening Shed