Table of Contents
Different Types of Outdoor Garden Sheds Storage
Garden Storage Sheds
For any serious gardener, the need for storage near the garden eventually becomes a necessity. Storing your large garden tools like the tiller or the shredder in the garage is not only inconvenient but eventually will take over the garage. Hand tools like the hoe, rake, or spade stored near the garden will make the whole gardening experience that much more enjoyable. For those that are really serious, a work area for potting plants or starting seedlings is a real boon to the hobby. So what are some of the choices for garden storage sheds?
- OUTDOOR STORAGE: A beautiful shed to store and protect your power equipment, long handled tools, ladders, and bikes
- DURABLE: Multi-walled polypropylene resin panels are engineered for long lasting strength and stability
- REINFORCED FLOOR: Heavy-duty floor is designed to withstand abuse, supporting your lawn mower, tractor or other heavy equipment
- NATURAL LIGHT: Ideally placed series of skylights and windows provides natural light inside without sacrificing structural integrity
- LOCKABLE DOORS: Features a padlock hasp that allows doors to lock securely
Metal Garden Sheds
Available as a garden shed kit, these are usually some of the more cost-effective. Easy to put up, they are targeted to do it yourself. The knock-on they are for the cheaper ones the structural integrity is not as good as wood and may rust or sag over the years. The first place this will be evident is usually the door, which will be difficult to open. But if you invest in a higher grade metal with some type of rust resistance (stainless steel or aluminum) with a thicker metal wall, these can last for years.
- ELECTRO GALVANIZED STEEL: Treated with zinc and provides corrosion resistance and protects from wet weather
- UV RESISTANT STEEL PANELS: Treated to protect against rot, insects, and extreme weather conditions
- LOW GABLE ROOF: Designed with a low gable reinforced steel roof for extra stability
- SECURITY: Features a padlockable sliding door to help keep your items safe and secure (padlock not included)
- OUTDOOR STORAGE APPEAL: Complements a variety of home exteriors with its neutral palette of eggshell and coffee
Plastic Garden Sheds
Rubbermaid has a number of shed designs that are relatively inexpensive, very easy to assemble, and will weather all sorts of climates. They can be a fairly good size, with a floor plan size of 4×4 feet or more. They often come with a foundation or floor as well, providing a sealed building that resists pests well.
- Item may ship in more than one box and may arrive separately
- Interior Dimensions: 78.625" W x 50.625" L x 71.75" - 88.75" H
- Dual wall steel reinforced High Density Polyethylene construction
- Low maintenance design is UV-Protected to prevent weather damage; Backed by a 10-year limited manufacturer warranty
- High Pitched steel reinforced roof allows for quick drainage of rain and snow; Heavu-duty steel trusses provide additional roof strength
Garden Shed with a Loft
For a lot of storage space with a relatively small footprint, a shed with a loft is a great solution. This is usually found in larger wooden shed designs, but there are manufacturers like Suncast who make a simple wireframe shelf that can be attached to a shed ceiling to form a small loft. This is a great solution if you don’t have space for a large garden shed.
Garden Potting Shed
A dedicated potting shed is a great option if you have space and do a lot of potting and transplanting of plants. Some of the more elaborate ones even feature a windowed area to serve as a mini greenhouse.
Finally, to save money many folks will simply build from scratch, often using a garden shed plan of some sort. A favorite approach is to buy a book of plans to allow the review of a variety of plans, which is a very cost-effective approach.
No products found.