Warehouses have a simple purpose: to
create space in your garage so that you can stop for a ride on
Little Jimmy’s bike or keep your important other in your suitcase.
The most popular Types of Garden Sheds Storage, woodshed comes in
contemporary and traditional designs that fit most gardens and can
be modified to add shelves for more storage space. Wood storage
sheds are the best type thanks to their easy-to-work wooden
Vinyl and resin scales are made of
different types of plastic and are easy to install. Compared to
Amish warehouses, plate and metal warehouses (including steel and
outdoor warehouses) are more versatile and have a longer service
life and function for many purposes than metal or steel
If you are considering outdoor sheds,
you can compare Amish warehouses made of thicker wood than other
wood sheds, vinyl warehouses for sale, and metal warehouses
including steel sheds. Amish Storage Sheds are attractive because
they are made of wood, but they decay quickly and can be attacked
by termites and dry roots. Metal and steel scales do not have the
problem of termites or wood rot like the Amish.
If you are planning to buy a metal shed,
remember which foundation you are going to build your shed on, as
many metals shed kits do not include a floor type. The best type of
shed requires no maintenance and increases the service life of your
There are different styles and uses for
different building materials, so make sure that the construction of
the garden house you choose can withstand the use you want. At Sun
Rising Sheds, we have the experience and team to help you choose
the best shed type for your property and narrow down your property
for the perfect outdoor storage solution. Like us, we can help you
find the building materials and find the
best Types of Garden Sheds Storage for your home.
Outdoor storage sheds are large and
designed to house things such as agricultural tools, gardening
tools, fuel, tools, and other items used on the farm or in the
yard. They are warehouses with sockets in various materials such as
plastic, metal, wood, vinyl, and portable. A shed can be described
as a one-story building at the back of the garden that serves as a
warehouse or workshop.
In a garden tool shed, it is primarily
used for storing garden tools. Wall surfaces are important in this
type of shed, and the number of windows is limited.
A woodshed is a house or garage covered
with plywood cladding. A woodshed has a wooden roof frame and
standard roofing material such as asphalt shingles. Woodsheds like
this give the farm a great look and do not require any special
Building an outdoor storage shed is an
easy way to add much-needed storage space. If your home style is
more formal, choose this type of shed with formal features that
suit you. Plants help the shed to blend into the yard without
sticking out like a sore thumb.
Each type of shed has different
offerings and so it is important to compare them in order to find
the right one for you when buying a garden shed. Before we give you
an overview of the three different types of scales, let us take a
look at some of our most popular scales in size, style, and
There are a lot of things to consider
before spending a penny to build an outdoor storage shed, so let’s
take a look at some of them. If you plan to use your outdoor
storage space, ensure you have it planned before you buy a new
shed. Warehouses vary in size, so make a list of what you want to
store and get a specialist to help you assess how much space you
Save time and money by building your own
timber storage and garden sheds. Throw in a warehouse shed guide
today or the best barn and backyard warehouse kits for an easy
build of a new shed.
Our Arrow Metal Outdoor Storage Shed is
a cost-effective solution for all your storage space needs. Arrow
Metal is one of our leading manufacturers of Duramax outdoor
warehouses built with a rugged galvanized steel frame surrounded by
thick vinyl roof walls and doors.
The aim of a garden shed is to become a
home for garden tools such as square shovels, rakes, secateurs,
pruning shears, pitchforks, hoes, trowels, wheelbarrows, etc.
English wooden garden houses are large enough and high enough to
provide gardening tools and tools with
space. If you need smaller storage shed to house much bulkier items
such as larger tools such as lawnmowers, bicycles, generators,
etc., this is the place for you.
Outdoor warehouses with high-quality materials and solid construction look much better than the cheaper options. Many warehouses are manufactured with dense resins that are much heavier than conventional plastics. They are good for do-it-yourselfers and people looking for an out-of-the-box option.
Garden Storage Sheds
For any serious gardener, the need for storage near the garden eventually becomes a necessity. Storing your large garden tools like the tiller or the shredder in the garage is not only inconvenient but eventually will take over the garage.
Hand tools like the hoe, rake, or spade stored near the garden will make the whole gardening experience that much more enjoyable. For those that are really serious, a work area for potting plants or starting seedlings is a real boon to the hobby. So what are some of the choices for garden storage sheds?
- OUTDOOR STORAGE: A beautiful shed to store and protect your power equipment, long handled tools, ladders, and bikes
- DURABLE: Multi-walled polypropylene resin panels are engineered for long lasting strength and stability
- REINFORCED FLOOR: Heavy-duty floor is designed to withstand abuse, supporting your lawn mower, tractor or other heavy equipment
- NATURAL LIGHT: Ideally placed series of skylights and windows provides natural light inside without sacrificing structural integrity
- LOCKABLE DOORS: Features a padlock hasp that allows doors to lock securely
Metal Garden Sheds
Available as a garden shed kit, these are usually some of the more cost-effective. Easy to put up, they are targeted to do it yourself. The knock-on they are for the cheaper ones the structural integrity is not as good as wood and may rust or sag over the years.
The first place this will be evident is usually the door, which will be difficult to open. But if you invest in a higher grade metal with some type of rust resistance (stainless steel or aluminum) with a thicker metal wall, these can last for years.
- ELECTRO GALVANIZED STEEL: Treated with zinc and provides corrosion resistance and protects from wet weather
- UV RESISTANT STEEL PANELS: Treated to protect against rot, insects, and extreme weather conditions
- LOW GABLE ROOF: Designed with a low gable reinforced steel roof for extra stability
- SECURITY: Features a padlockable sliding door to help keep your items safe and secure (padlock not included)
- OUTDOOR STORAGE APPEAL: Complements a variety of home exteriors with its neutral palette of eggshell and coffee
Plastic Garden Sheds
Rubbermaid has a number of shed designs that are relatively inexpensive, very easy to assemble, and will weather all sorts of climates. They can be a fairly good size, with a floor plan size of 4×4 feet or more. They often come with a foundation or floor as well, providing a sealed building that resists pests well.
- Item may ship in more than one box and may arrive separately
- Interior Dimensions: 78.625" W x 50.625" L x 71.75" - 88.75" H
- Dual wall steel reinforced High Density Polyethylene construction
- Low maintenance design is UV-Protected to prevent weather damage; Backed by a 10-year limited manufacturer warranty
- High Pitched steel reinforced roof allows for quick drainage of rain and snow; Heavu-duty steel trusses provide additional roof strength
Garden Shed with a Loft
For a lot of storage space with a relatively small footprint, a shed with a loft is a great solution. This is usually found in larger wooden shed designs, but there are manufacturers like Suncast who make a simple wireframe shelf that can be attached to a shed ceiling to form a small loft. This is a great solution if you don’t have space for a large garden shed.
Garden Potting Shed
A dedicated potting shed is a great option if you have space and do a lot of potting and transplanting of plants. Some of the more elaborate ones even feature a windowed area to serve as a mini greenhouse.
Finally, to save money many folks will simply build from scratch, often using a garden shed plan of some sort. A favorite approach is to buy a book of plans to allow the review of a variety of plans, which is a very cost-effective approach.
- Easy-to-follow-plans included. Materials lists, cut lists, and detailed instructions with step-by-step images creates a 7'w x 8'L shed.
- Construct with wood or composite 2x4's. Add your own roofing and siding to match your home.
- Galvanized Steel base and angle brackets won't rust or rot
- Includes 24 Steel angles, 12 Steel base plates and plans for 3 Sizes. (Additional kits required for larger sizes)
- Only straight, 90 Degree cuts are required. No miters or complex measurements are needed. Galvanized angle brackets create the perfect angle every time.