Lightly rinsing the fake grass once per week will go a long way. Most homeowners will only need to hose the grass fiber to remove dust that has gathered between cleanings. You can remove small debris like chewing gum by hand, or if it is stubborn, you can chill it with an ice cube then scrap it off. Doing so will also freshen the appearance of the fake grass. There are several products that you could use to battle algae and bacteria while keeping the lawn smelling fresh.
Monthly Lawn Grass Maintenance
You can carry out a more thorough cleaning monthly to keep the grass clean and attractive. Before you begin cleaning, gather useful equipment such as a stiff brush and lawn rake. If the grass is matted, you could use an electric power brush to remove the matt without damaging it. The power brush will get rid of deeply buried dirt leaving the lawn spotless.
If the grass is not upright in some places after cleaning, simply use a broom to brush against the natural grain. This will lead each blade to its normal position. If your lawn has not been properly groomed for a long time, hire professionals to restore its former lush. Then start doing weekly and monthly cleanings.
Removing Pet Waste
Remove pet droppings with a pooper scooper or plastic bag. Then use a hose to spray down the dirty area. This should be easy since most pets relieve themselves in particular areas. To clean pet urine, hose down the dirty area once per week. If there is an offensive odor, you might need to do this more frequently.
To make your work easier, you could create a dirt patch where your pet could use. Let your installer know ahead of time that you have pets so that they can make adjustments to suit your needs. However, you don’t have to do this as it’s easier for pet owners to maintain fake grass than natural grass.
Although most artificial lawns don’t have problems with bacteria build-up, sometimes it is necessary to remove these artificial mites. If the area you want to treat is small, mix half water and half vinegar in a spray bottle and use it to clean the area. To treat the entire lawn area, use a hose to spray the mixture on the fake grass.
What You Shouldn’t Do to Clean Artificial Grass
If you aren’t careful when cleaning your outdoor area, the grass could be damaged. To avoid this:
- Do not use a domestic vacuum to Clean Artificial Grass on the lawn as this will not damage the grass and vacuum.
- Let your lawn air dry. Applying heat from a blow-dry could destroy the fibers of the artificial grass.
- Don’t use pesticides to clean artificial grass. Water is enough to remove insects and other unwanted visitors
If you properly take care of your artificial lawn, you will not only extend its life, but it will always look tidy and lush. Weekly and monthly cleaning will keep your lawn clean and odor-free, and inviting place where you can socialize with friends. To keep it this way, occasionally use water-based weed killer to stop weeds from destroying your beautiful lawn.
- ★2.3HP, 1700W, 52cc, 2 Stroke Air Cooled Motor EPA Engine
- ★2 cycle gas/oil mixture, hand held power sweeper. It’s ideal for cleaning
- ★Nylon Brush Sweeping broom is good for cleaning up of light debris such as heavy loose dirt, from hard surfaces
- ★Wide hand held gas broom for cleaning boulevards and driveways
- ★All tool kits and accessories are included in the package, it is easy for you to install the machine with the instruction.