Everything you Should Know About Tree Service
Trees are one of nature’s wonders. From the towering conifer to the shady evergreens, we love them in our gardens yards, parks, and open spaces. Some trees can grow very large, and also do so very quickly.
If you have trees on your property it is your responsibility to ensure they are kept in good condition and that overhanging branches do not cause obstruction or potential danger to property, people, or traffic.
The simple fact is that trees do need maintenance occasionally. For example, you may have broken and hanging branches after a storm, and these need to be attended to before they damage anything. Or you might have trees that are too large and have cut out the light, and you need them pruning. Perhaps a tree of yours has become diseased and needs removing, or you need an old stump out of the way.
For residents in the region, there is an excellent Austin tree service professional who can help with all your arboreal needs. But what does a tree service professional do, and how do you choose the right one? That’s what we’re here to tell you about, so let’s get down to business.
What Does a Tree Service Professional Do?
A tree service professional – often called a tree surgeon or arborist – provides a wide range of services. Here’s a list of those you will find offered by most professionals:
- Tree removal services are often provided by arborists and are needed when you have a tree that is either damaged, dead, or becoming dangerous. This service is also used by some when a tree begins to block light or a view.
- Tree pruning services are used when branches need cutting back to safe lengths and trees are looking untidy and need to be shaped.
- Stump removal services are utilized when old tree stumps are in the way of a project or in a dangerous place.
- Tree management services may be provided on a regular basis for those who have many trees that need looking after professionally.
- Tree planting and cultivation may also be offered by some arborists working in conjunction with landscape gardeners to create a beautiful outdoor space.
Tree removal professionals differ in the services they offer, yet the above are generally within the remit of most. There may be additional services offered so it is worth checking if you want others to those listed on the website. So, how do you go about choosing the best tree service professional for your requirements?
Read More: fast-growing trees for privacy
How to Choose Tree Removal Service
There are many tree removal professionals in and around the Austin region, so how do you know which one you should choose? Let’s do this in list form too, here are the things to consider when choosing:
- What are the arborist’s qualifications, and have they done work in your local area?
- Do they have proof of experience, and perhaps customer testimonies?
- Are they trained in the procedure that you need?
- What safety equipment and precautions do they use?
- Do they have full insurance for the job?
- What is the full menu of services they offer?
- What are their rates for each service?
The latter is covered in more detail in the next section, and we advise you to talk to a few local tree professionals and introduce them to your trees as they may have advice that will be of interest to you.
How Much Will Tree Services Cost?
The cost of tree services will vary between different providers, so let’s see if we can give you an idea of what you should expect to pay for various services:
- Tree removal costs between $100 for a tree of 20ft in height to more than $1500 for the removal of a tree taller than 80ft.
- Trimming and pruning trees will cost around $120 per hour on average across the USA for standard work.
- Stump removal will cost between $60 and $350 depending on the size and difficulty of the stump and job.
That should give a basic idea of the cost of tree work, but if you need a lot doing you need to talk to your tree professionals and they will give you a free, no-obligation quote for the work that needs doing. You should also have a chat about regular work if you are looking for an ongoing contract as this can be tailored to your garden.
How You can Check the Work
Once your chosen tree professional has done the work required, you will want to check it is to your satisfaction. A lot of tree work will be high off the ground and not possible for you to inspect without potential danger. The answer is to ask the tree surgeon to take photographs or videos of the work in progress and when done, a service many will offer as part of the Solution. This allows you to see clearly what has been done and how it has been achieved, and to ask for any extras that you might wish to be added to the job.
Tree service providers are usually people who enjoy the outdoors and who love nature, and who have studied to a high level of education on trees, plants, and horticulture in general. It is a job that most practitioners take great pride in, so expect a top-class job from your local tree services professional.
In summary, here’s what we have learned:
- A tree service professional will not only trim and prune trees but remove them completely should this be required;
- They are highly skilled and trained professionals who take pride in their jobs;
- You should talk to your chosen service provider about the services they offer and the cost of each.
Once you have found a tree services provider whom you like and believe you can trust you can start looking after your trees in the best way possible.