Table of Contents
Felco F 7 Pruning Shears Hand Review
So what do you get when you purchase a top of the line pruner from Felco? Well, you can say goodbye to blisters and cramped hands because this pruner allows your fingers to move naturally thanks to the rotating handle. The Felco F 7 Gardening Hand tool Pruner with Rotating Handle is made by one of the most trusted names in gardening tools. Felco always produces the best products and this hand pruner is no exception. With a lifetime warranty backing this Felco product, you can Pruning Shears with confidence knowing that your product is guaranteed and warrantied.
Additionally, it uses a unique swivel feature that lets you use up to 30% less effort on pruning. Overall the comfort, ease of use, and incredible sharpness of the blades truly are a testament to Felco’s attention to detail and quality products.
A pruning shear designed for the professional. The handle that is rotating on its axis, allowing the fingers to move naturally, therefore reducing the blisters and hand fatigue. This unique action that swivels up to 30 % less work than conventional models and will be offering maximum convenience on continuous pruning. Both the cutting and anvil blades are not riveted, plus the narrow, pointed blade design permits close pruning.
- ULTRA DURABLE - The premium pruning clippers are constructed of forged aluminum handles and hardened steel blades. All pruner components can be replaced in this dependable model.
- ERGONOMIC DESIGN - The garden scissors have a revolving handle for extra comfort, and they are suitable for every type of pruning with ergonomically designed cushioned-shock absorber softens the cutting impact. The pruner features a rotating handle for increased comfort.
- PRECISE PRUNING - This bypass pruner offers a large cutting capacity and well-balanced weight for optimal gardening. This high-performance pruner features a wire cutter for small wires and a sap groove to minimize the blade sticking.
- HIGH PERFORMANCE - Hardened steel blade and screw-mounted anvil blade ensure reliably clean, precise cuts. Narrow pointed anvil blade allows easy access to twiggy branches and assures a close cut to the trunk.
- FOR LARGE HAND - The Swiss-made plant cutter is optimal for large-sized hands. The small branch trimmer has an 8.3-inch (210mm) length, 0.98-inch (25mm) cutter diameter, and has a 0.64 lb (290 gram) weight.
PACKAGING OF FELCO 7 PRUNER
It’s been 24 years since We exposed my first and just Felco 7 pruner. The packaging is long gone. I really believe it absolutely was packed in a thermoformed clear plastic front and a cardboard placard back that slipped into the window that is plastic. A notch stamped towards the top of the shear was allowed by the package to hang from the pegboard display. I bought it at an arborist supply store.
FELCO F7 TOP QUALITY, FAIR PRICE
As a licensed arborist with a successful tree care company, I required the product quality that is the highest, most reliable hand pruner on the market. I paid about $70, and I used my Felco F7 at work every single day. It probably made a few hundred thousand cuts–or maybe more. I’m confident that a cheap, low-quality pruner can’t compare to the performance of this Felco pruner. You’re going to spend additional money when you want quality. I’m a tool-for-life guy, while the pruner Felco I would like to down never.
ROTATING HANDLE FOR FELCO F 7 Gardening
Perhaps probably the most impressive feature for the bypass pruner is the bottom handle that is rotating. Dating back once again to 1966, the design was created for the(arborist that is an expert landscaper, or the serious gardener) who makes several hundred cuts a day or 1000s of cuts each week. The handle that is rotating eradicates carpal tunnel problems and hand fatigue. It also spreads the force that is cutting by the fingers and increases the cutting force capability by 30%. I used one of Felco’s initial pruners, the number 2 (without a bottom rotating handle), and I can attest that as a professional arborist, the no. 7 provides a lot more experience that is comfortable. In all my years of tree care work and pruning that is daily We never developed any hand or wrist issues.
Other pruning shears haven’t provided the comfort level that is the same. A bottom that is fixed put against a rotating one isn’t bad—it just depends on the number of pruning cuts one makes per day, week, or year. The rotating handle is a game-changer for a specialist who makes a living by pruning. A hard and fast bottom handle should perform well for the homeowner or weekend gardener/landscaper. However, for anybody with hand issues or carpal tunnel syndrome, the #7 Felco pruner will be the tool that is perfect.
I also like that most of the pruner components are replaceable through Felco. During the time of writing this review, I’ve maybe not discovered another manufacturer who “knocked-off” the style that provides a rebuild kit gardening that is complete. Watch our video on how to eliminate and change Felco pruner blades.
The Felco design has a blade that is a unique mechanism that includes a bolt, gear-toothed locking nut, a gear-toothed micro-adjustment lock, and a thumb latch pruner lock. The mechanism allows the operator to” that is “fine-tune cutting quality/performance and keep carefully the pruner locked securely closed when not in usage.
- Swivel features
- Incredibly comfortable
- Made by Felco
- Limited Lifetime warranty
- A pruning shear made for the professional the handle that is rotating on its axis, allowing the hands to move naturally, thereby reducing the sores and hand exhaustion this excellent action that swivels up to 30 % less effort than conventional models and will be offering maximum comfort on constant pruning.
- Both the cutting and anvil blades aren’t riveted, additionally, the narrow, pointed blade design allows for close pruning.
- Length 8.25″
- Shipping: Available to select countries outside of the United States
- The best selling pruner on amazon.com
There is little bad to say about this truly unparalleled Felco F7 Gardening Hand Pruner. It is a bit more expensive than your average hand pruner however when you take into account the lifetime warranty and high quality of this hand pruner then you realize that this model will last you through more than just a few of those other average hand pruners.
If you do happen to get a defective product, something that is very rare with Felco, then you will have to wait a bit before you’re able to take advantage of the lifetime warranty since you have to ship it back to Europe where the company is located. Overall this is a truly phenomenal hand pruner – must-have for any gardener!