They’re fantastic shears. They cut through rather thick branches and cut easily and easily. They will always hurt or be difficult to use if you have arthritis or carpal tunnel or something, but they are usually easy to use. If you clean and store them correctly (make sure they are cleaned and dry and after each use, use oil from time to time to keep the blade lubricated, store it in a dry place), then they will last for years.
Use Correctly The Pruning Scissors Fiskars Bypass
Think about cutting a branch into a fresh shoot. The following diagram shows the correct cut, which is just above a bud. The correct way of pruning cuts, For the cut to be so close to the bud, pruning must be kept very close to the bud. With the anvil pruner, there is a risk that the anvil or tissue around the anvil will settle on the anvil and will be damaged during cutting.
Read more: Buyer’s Guide For Pruning Shears
Using bypass pruners, you can hold the pruner so that none of them touches the bud during the cutting process. The following diagram shows the correct way to hold the pruner to cut a branch of the trunk. The right side of the diagram — the wrong cut — will lead to a heel and the metal parts of the pruning will touch and damage the heel — it’s also not good for the plant.
Fiskars Scissors Feature
This reliable pruner is ideal for a variety of general pruning tasks. A fully hardened, precision-ground steel blade stays sharp longer, and a rust-resistant, low-friction coating makes cutting easier. A self-cleaning sap groove keeps the blades from sticking, and the handle includes non-slip grips. All-steel construction provides long-lasting durability.
From the Manufacturer
Is it time again to tame the garden? If so, these coated pruning shears are ready to tackle the job. The cambered, beveled blade is made of non-stick high carbon steel so it cuts smoothly and easily. Shears feature an ambidextrous lock, sap groove, enclosed spring, and dual-layer comfort grips. Fiskars is a global company with manufacturing locations all over the world, including several places in the US. The 9109 Bypass Pruner is made in China. Many of Fiskars’ blades are stainless steel. The blade on the 9109 is a coated, high carbon steel blade.
- Quality Garden Tools: Designed to help you cultivate a better garden, Fiskars garden and yard tools are equipped with smart technologies and award-winning, ergonomic features that make it easier and more enjoyable to transform your outdoor space.
- Maximum power and precision: All-steel blade stays sharp longer; Rust-resistant, low-friction coating helps glide through wood; Self-cleaning sap groove keeps blades from sticking; Non-slip grip handle and easy-open lock make control and storage easy
- Long-lasting and reliable: All-steel design provides excellent durability for lasting value. Fiskars pruning shears and tools are built to last and backed by a full lifetime warranty.
- Ideal for a variety of pruning tasks: Works well for trimming bonsai tree branches, cutting flower stems, maintaining your herb garden, and more to encourage overall plant health and appearance.
- Includes 1 Fiskars Manual Bypass Pruners measuring 5.5” long. Makes clean cuts on stems and light branches up to 5/8" in diameter.
Fiskars All Steel Bypass Pruning Shears
Designed for durability and easy cutting on stems and light branches up to 5/8″ diameter. This reliable pruner is ideal for a variety of general pruning tasks. A fully hardened, precision-ground steel blade stays sharp longer, and a rust-resistant, low-friction coating makes cutting easier. A self-cleaning sap groove keeps the blades from sticking, and the handle includes non-slip grips. All-steel construction provides long-lasting durability.
Characteristics of fiskars all steel bypass pruning shears
- Ideal for cutting stems and light branches
- Fully hardened, precision-ground steel blade stays sharp, even through heavy use
- Low-friction coating helps the blade glide through wood, prevents the blades from gumming up with sap and debris, and helps the blades resist rust
- Self-cleaning sap groove keeps the blade from sticking for easy operation
- The all-steel design provides excellent durability for lasting value
- Non-slip grips
- Easy-open lock protects the blade during transport and storage
- Bypass blade style
- Maximum cutting capacity: 5/8″ Dia.
- Lifetime warranty
|Product Dimensions||4 x 1 x 10.8 inches|
|Item Weight||8 ounces|
|Shipping Weight||8 ounces|
|Domestic Shipping||Item can be shipped within the U.S.|
|International Shipping||This item is not eligible for international shipping.|