A garden nursery is an ideal place to purchase garden plants, flowers, and get advice. They will have all the plants you will need for your vegetable garden, flower bed, and/or fruit orchard. A garden center will even have a wide selection of house plants that will beautify your home’s interior and help purify the indoor air.
A plant nursery will carry a wide array of perennial plants to use in your landscape. Healthy plants from a garden near you will stock perennial plants that are native to your region and can thrive in your climate.
A plant nursery near you will be a valuable source of information for you and help you become a successful gardener.
Discover new plants and how to grow them while visiting a local nursery, and you can even get advice on landscape design from one of the knowledgeable associates at the store.
A garden nursery carries much more than just perennial plants, seeds, vegetable plants, and indoor plants, they also carry garden tools. Having the proper garden tools will make gardening chores easier and quicker.
Plant food, solar lights, tomato cages, mulch, peat pots, shovels, hoes, rakes, and many other supplies that will make plants grow better can be found at a plant store near you. Even garden storage sheds can be found at a plant nursery so you will have a dry place to store all your garden supplies.
Many garden supply centers also carry animal feed so you can pick up food for chickens, ducks, fish, and rabbits while shopping for garden supplies.
Purchasing a chicken coop, or the material to build a DIY one, can usually be found at a garden center near you. Some can even supply you with baby chickens, ducks, or turkeys.
Growing your own animal food is easy too. One of the garden experts working at the nursery can give you advice on which types of plants to grow for animal food.
If you don’t have food-producing animals you want to grow food for, you may want to grow plants that will attract pollinators, like bees and birds. Get advice at the nursery for plants to grow for a bee and butterfly garden so you can help keep the pollinators thriving.
- 【25 Sets Cheaper Price】25 pcs nursery pots and 25 pcs transparent humidity domes, 4 inch soft nursery pots with thicken bottom and rims, the clear transaprent domes just fit the pots.
- 【Super Thick】The clear humidity domes are quite thick than normal ones, it can be repeat use for many times. There are 4 small ventilated holes on the top which can help adjust the humidity of seedling pot inside.
- 【Sturdy Bottom Holes】These growing pots for plants come with drainage holes in the bottom to let exceed water flow out to help prolong the life of your plants. And the heightened ventilation function is strong to improve the seed survival rate.
- 【Repeat Use】Soft Material: With soft material, you can just squeeze the pots to make the seedlings transplant from nursery pots without damaging the roots of plants. The are BN100 nursery pots in our store, which just fit the humidity domes, so you can repeat use the thick domes with our other color 4 inch nursery pots
- 【Widely Use】Suitable for succulent plants and mini landscape plants, planting most small and medium-sized plants like peace lily, snake plant, mint, orchid, parlor palm, devil's ivy, or herbs, brightening up your living place.
- 【 What You Get 】12pcs 5" plastic plant pots, 12pcs 4" plastic plant pots, 12pcs 3.5" plastic plant pots and 20pcs plant labels.
- 【 Variety Pack 5" + 4" + 3.5" 】Given our clients’ different planting needs, Bluepro now releases this plastic planter set, which are suitable for planting most small and medium-sized home/office plants like orchid, snake plant, mint, cactus, aloe, to brighten up your living place.
- 【 Strong Durability 】This planter nursery pot made of stronger PET is lightweight, flexible and reusable. It can still be restored after external compression and is not easy to deform and get damaged.
- 【 Transparency 】You can observe root growth and your plant health due to its transparency. Easily let sunshine get to the roots to improve well-being of a plant.
- 【 Optimal Drainage System 】The bottom of these starter pots have some drainage holes to help the plant's root respiration and prevent root rot. Thrive your young and lovely plants in these clear pots.
- Variety Pack: "8 pack X 3sizes" (including 4 5 6 inch each 8 pack). This product contains three sizes in it. You can buy a 4 5 6 inch nursery pot at one time, 8 packs for each size. Please pay attention to the third picture for the information of 3 sizes.
- [ Seedling Pots With Drainage Holes ] - Free breathing is vital to every living body. Drainage holes provide a healthy and happy living environment for your plants, it can freely lose water in the soil, thereby providing sufficient air for the roots. A healthy root system means a healthier plant.
- [ Environmentally Friendly Flower Pots ] - It is made of recyclable PP plastic, which is light in weight, reusable, and will not be damaged after compression and can be restored for use. If you experience damage by express violent shipping, please feel free to contact us and we will try our best to make the right things for you within 24 hours.
- [ Widely Used ] - Plastic plant containers for plants, cuttings & seedlings, plant seed starting. Great for doing lot of succulent propagation, plant transition pots, seeding pots, building a garden for your plant and more uses.
- [ Worry-Free Purchase ] - We are dedicated to providing the best products to our plant-loving customers. So we continuously ensure that the UPMCT garden pots meet the highest quality standards. However, if you are not satisfied with your purchase you will receive a full refund or a replacement item, no questions asked.
07 Think on Gardens Nursery
Plants, exactly as any other living being, require special care depending on a wide variety of factors. Similarly to humans, plants are as well way more vulnerable when they are growing; and even when some plants can thrive in nature without any help, human intervention along centuries of selective breeding and bringing some species out of their natural habits has caused some species to demand intensive human care on the first stages of their lives. This has lead to a very interesting concept: gardens nurseries. But, what exactly are gardens nurseries?
Objectives of a gardens nursery
Exactly as it happens with regular, human nurseries, a garden nursery is a place where people take care of plants while they are growing. Expert gardeners plant them in bulk and provide them with the specific care they need, such as special temperatures, nutrients, water, and/or pesticides. Plants stay on a garden’s nursery until they are grown enough to be sold or moved to a less controlled environment, like a regular botanical garden.
Types of gardens nurseries
There are several different types of gardens nurseries, depending on the purpose that the gardeners had in mind at the moment of planting the first seeds. There are nurseries that aim only to sell regular plants for personal gardening; these types of nurseries frequently gather the seedlings or twigs for grafts to sell them to gardening enthusiasts.
Also, it is not infrequent to find nurseries destined to commercial agriculture, forestry or even conservation biology; on this last type, plants are often first moved from the nursery to a botanical garden before deciding whether or not to release the plant in question into nature.
While the words “gardens nursery” can make us think of a confined room, truth is that nurseries can grow plants in open fields, on container fields, in greenhouses or tunnels; it all depends on the plants the nursery is trying to grow and their particular special needs.
For example, ornamental trees and amenity plantings are grown in open fields, shrubs and herbaceous small plants are grown on container fields, and delicate plants are grown in greenhouses or tunnels to protect them from the frost and to properly control the nutrients, sunlight, and ventilation they get.
One of the first relevant factors that come to mind when thinking about any type of gardening is soil fertility since the seedling growth is incredibly conditioned by it; thus, gardens nurseries need to make sure that the soil they provide is readily amenable to amelioration. To improve fertility, gardeners and botanical scientists provide soils at gardens nurseries with several minerals –such as phosphorus, potassium, nitrogen, magnesium, and calcium-. This not only improves the survival rate of the seedlings in particularly harsh conditions, but it also helps the plants achieve sometimes even twice the height of their regular, unfertilized counterparts.
Planting stock is the name commonly given to the cuttings, transplants, seedlings and wildings a plant nursery has destined to planting out. The quality of the stock relies upon several factors, but the main one is the ability of the nursery to implement the objectives of management –to the end of the rotation or achievement of the specified sought benefits-. This means that the quality of the stock depends on a clear expression of the intended objectives and the posterior evaluation of the results against the goals set.
It is important to differentiate the actual planting stock quality –which, as stated, is a comparison between the results obtained by a nursery and the goals they were pretending to achieve with that particular stock- and the planting stock performance potential –also known as PSPP-. The actual planting stock quality depends on several factors inherent to the particular seedling, like resistance to harsh conditions, while the PSPP is how plants perform after being taken out from the nursery, and it relies on how well prepared they were at the nursery for surviving in a less controlled environment.
Since there are several nurseries spread all around the world, a proper classification system and universalized standard for the stock is a very important step towards better organizing the industry. For example, the first of a series of identifying numbers in a plant indicates how many years any particular lot of stock spent in the nursery seedbed. The second number indicates the years spent between the first and second transplantation (if there is any) and the third number in the series indicates the time spent between second lifting/transplantation and the lot being sold.
There are also several other types of classification standards, such as seedling description codes, classification by system, by physiological characteristics, and seedling nomenclatures.
It is safe to say that without gardens nurseries, our life wouldn’t be the same. While nurseries destined to personal gardening might only contribute to a beautiful and entertaining hobby, providing seedlings for personal use, nurseries destined to agriculture play a fundamental role in how we, the final consumer, get our hands around useful fruits and flowers in such an easy manner.
Finally, gardens nurseries dedicated to conservation biology have probably the most impact of them all, since they are the place where experimented botanical scientists study the behavior and characteristics of particular plants and seek to improve a particular ecosystem with the introduction or withdrawal of some species, balancing life on it and improving sustainability.