Virtually every man-made structure has living inside it household insect pests. When you consider the sheer number of insects on our planet, it is not surprising that many of them would take up home inside the walls and ceilings of our residences and buildings.
Household insect pests represent more than a nuisance, they are creatures that carry with them the threat of illness and disease and unsanitary conditions that can make a home dangerous to live in. The ability to control the insect population in the home has been a constant struggle for many centuries.
There are a number of reasons why household insect pests are prominently gathered in our homes and buildings. Here are just a few reasons why they present a constant threat to our man-made structures.
Over half of all living organisms on Earth are Insects
When you consider the trillions of life forms on our planet and realized that over 50% are insects, then it is no wonder they are found in our homes, commercial buildings, and virtually every man-made structure we have created. Just in terms of sheer numbers, insects will invade our homes simply to find more space to eat, live and breed.
There are over 1 million different Insect Species
The mind boggles at the sheer number of different types of insects that exist on our world and how many of them have adapted to life in our homes. These variations in insects have been created mostly by the environmental conditions in which they spawned. For example, insects that are found in warm, tropical climates are definitely different in shape and size compared to those that have bred in colder, temperate climates.
Homes Provide a Protected Place for Insects
Your home does more than shield you from the elements it also protects insects as well. The walls and ceiling of your home are generally hollow that allows for insulation, but it also is the perfect place for insects to live and breed. Protected from the elements and from animals that feast on insects, your home is like a palace to these creatures.
How can I protect my home from household insect pests?
There are a number of simple, yet effective steps to protect your home from household insect pests. While it may be impossible to completely rid your home of insects, their numbers can be kept in check so that they no longer present a threat to the health of those that live inside.
Keeping your home clean is the first line of protection against household insect pests. Without an easy source of food from old garbage that has not been taken out, unsanitary walls and floors, and other places where they can eat the remains of our food, it is difficult for these insects to thrive.
Access: Sealing off the outside areas of your home from insects, including window and door sealants, properly painting over cracks in the walls, and closing off all possible entryways can reduce the number of insects in your home.
Proper use of insecticides can greatly reduce the number of household insect pests in your home to manageable levels.
These are just a few ways to control the number of household insect pests in your home.
No one likes dealing with insects in their homes because it can cause a lot of different inconvenient issues for them. When people find that they have an insect pest issue in their homes, the first thing that they want to do is get rid of the pests as soon as possible.
Depending upon how severe the household insect pest issue is will determine how easy or how difficult it will be to get rid of them. If a person has the funds to hire an exterminator, it could relieve some of the stress that they are currently experiencing from the pests occupying their living space.
Household insect pests don’t only cause stress, if the infestation is severe; there could also be adverse health implications as many pest species are known vectors of disease. A person can feel very uncomfortable in their home when they have to deal with pests. Sometimes regular cleaning around your home is sufficient to control the pests or get rid of them because many of them love to live in a dirty environment. But more often than not, it will be necessary to use some insecticidal applications or commercially available traps and electronic devices.
Pests are not only unsanitary, but some of them could be dangerous when they bite as many people can suffer severe allergic reactions. Trying to keep a home clear of insect pests can be expensive if you have limited funds but there are some free and low-cost things you can do to combat low-level infestations and to reduce the risk of pest infestations in the first place.
Do Ultrasonic Pest Repellents Work?
Been there, done that too! I wish I had my money back. That Ultrasonic Repellent thing was expensive and the owner of the company told me how great it would work. Yeah, buddy. Several of the leading vertebrate pest specialists – Ph.D. Professors, experts in pest control have tried to get the Federal Trade Commission to ban Ultrasonic Repellent Pest Control devices because they DO NOT WORK! The Federal Trade Commission has published a warning to all ultrasonic pest repeller manufacturers and retailers. There may be an initial effect but research shows that the pests return and become habituated (get used to the noise).
How Long does Ultrasonics Work?
Research shows that the repelling effect lasts for 1-3 days, but after 3-7 days the pests become habituated to the noise and continue living in the space not bothered enough to leave their home. Additional research confirms that ultrasonic pest repellers may have a partial or transitory effect, but have no persistent effectiveness. Most academic researchers urge legislatures and consumers to view ultrasonic pest repellents with skepticism.
The New York State Consumer Protection Board cautions against using ultrasonic repellers. In addition to this, contrary to the claims of many ultrasonic pest control device sellers, there is scientific evidence that some of these devices cause hearing loss in pets, most especially dogs. Even the US Army does not approve of ultrasonic pest control devices.
- Ultrasonic Pest Repeller: Adopt ultrasonic chip technology, the pest repellent transmitted through the air of special elements to stimulate the mosquito's sensory system and nervous system. Then can effective in pest control and keep pest away from you. say goodbye to mouse traps, mouse mats, mouse poison, spray glue traps, roach motels, rat poison, rat traps, flea spray for the home, moth killer for wardrobe, and insect sprays.
- Safe for Human & Pets: The electronic pest repeller is safe for pregnant woman and baby. Ultrasonic sound is inaudible to humans and pets, it can replace dangerous poisons and chemicals. No Toxic, No Chemical, No Poisons,No Radiation, and No need to clean up dead pests, no battery required and cost little electricity. Gives you a Safety and Eco-friendly home.
- Wide Coverage Area: This ultrasonic insect repellent is effective in an indoor area up to 1100 sq. To get great results, one room one repellent is recommended. Because the ultrasonic wave can’t penetrate walls and solid objects. As for large storage area, we suggest install 2 or more repellents. They aren't effective for other rooms if you install repellent at one room.
- Easy To Use: Just plug the electronic pest repeller into the sockets, The first switch turns off the lights. The second time to turns on the light,. Please make sure to install it vertically 7-31 in away from the floor. And make sure there are no barriers like curtains or cabinets covering in front of the repellent. Please note that it requires a process. Depending on the environment, the response time varies, usually 2-6 weeks.
- Goodbye for Pest: Pest Repeller keeps all kinds of insects away from your house, like spiders, mice, mosquitoes, rats, roaches, ants, snakes and so on. Without any concerns for noise, can't disturb you and your pets. Great for indoor use, such as home, restaurants, hotels, hospitals, office buildings, warehouses, etc.