Indoor gardens are all the rage. People while in quarantine have figured out their inner green thumb. While looking for something to do, it’s amazing how many gravitated towards the meditative, aesthetic, and all-around awesome skill of gardening.
It’s not just about having the coolest plant, although the coolest plants do help. There’s a lot more that goes into it. There are so many avenues for you to put your spin on your indoor garden space. You don’t have to copy anybody. You can be unapologetically you. That’s the best part.
Here, will explore the top ways you can make your indoor garden space look more awesome. Take them, absorb them, and make them your own.
Making Your Indoor Garden Space More Awesome
1. Good Windows
The best way to brighten up any indoor garden space, or anyone for that matter, is with some new windows. Most windows, especially apartment windows, are not outfitted with the right design for an indoor garden space. They are all pretty generic. If you get Double hung windows, on the other hand, you’ll have the right amount of light, and most importantly the right amount of air. They are stylish and affordable.
They’re not lavish French doors with Venetian molding. They are a functional, very down-home means of getting your plant everything that it needs. The look fits perfectly with the modern aesthetic of a small, but growing, indoor garden. Once you get them installed you’re going to want to post about it immediately.
Another super awesome addition to indoor garden space is something you may have seen in your high school biology class: a terrarium. A terrarium is a completely self-contained ecosystem. It can be either open or closed. It can be dry or wet. When you have a terrarium, the oxygen produced by the plants, whether it be water-based plants or terrestrial plants, fills up a glass jar or tub.
You can put in worms, some species of crickets, shrimp— anything that can self-sustain and potentially reproduce in that environment. If you keep them next to the double-hung windows, you’ll get all the sunlight and warmth necessary to stimulate photosynthesis and continue the cycle of growth in the glass jar.
Read More: Guide for Amazing Indoor Garden Ideas
3. Indoor Vertical Gardening
Vertical gardening is a special type of urban gardening suitable for small spaces, especially for decorating walls and ceilings in various styles. This is an alternative method for gardening by expanding the scope of growing plants in a vertical space. Intensive urbanization left almost no horizontal space for outdoor gardens.
Green walls are not only spectacularly beautiful but also useful for cheering up the atmosphere. Green walls can absorb heated gas into the air, reduce indoor and outdoor temperature, providing healthier indoor air quality, as well as a more beautiful space.
4. Hanging Planters
The thing about an indoor garden is that it takes up a lot of home space. To get it going, you’re probably going to turn every tabletop next to a window into a place to grow. That’s not a bad thing. That is encouraged.
But if you want to save some space, you can think about hanging planters. Now, you can’t do this with all plants. You have to choose smaller plants or plants that are easier to handle. Something that you can water and spray without creating a massive puddle underneath your suspended planter. But if you can get it right, the aesthetics are astounding.
5. Tropical Plants for Your Indoor Garden
Tropical plants are low light and humidity tolerant which makes them suitable for indoor gardens. They can be grown as houseplants or as outdoor plants.
Tropical plants are low light and humidity tolerant, so they’re perfect for an indoor garden. Generally, they require only a few hours of sunlight a day to thrive and can be grown as houseplants or as outdoor plants.
6. Goldfish or Other Pets for Indoor Gardens
Goldfish are a great addition to a home garden because they help to remove bad smells and leaves, they consume food that would otherwise go to waste, and they can live in especially small tanks.
Other pets can also be a great addition to indoor gardens. These include guinea pigs, rabbits, hamsters, birds, reptiles, and spiders.
7. Use Natural Light in Your Home’s Interior Spaces
Lighting is one of the most important aspects for designing interior spaces. When you’re trying to design home interior spaces, natural light is essential. Natural daylight will act as a significant source of lighting in your home’s interior, which means that it’s important to consider where you put windows to make the best use of natural light in your home.
Natural light enters through windows and skylights. These windows can be placed on either side or overhead. With window placement comes the need to create ambient zones around them which can be done by using furniture or artwork
Lighting plays an important role to create ambiance in your homes. It is best if you use lighting-related fixtures like chandeliers, sconces, and lamps that are ideal for different spaces like living rooms, bedrooms, and halls.
These are just a few ways you can upgrade your indoor garden space. They are practical, fun, and encourage creativity. Don’t let anything stand between you and the things that you want to make. Your garden is a reflection of new skills and ingenuity. Treated well. Most importantly, make it awesome.
Best Indoor Garden kits That You Can Buy
1. Culinary Indoor Herb Garden Starter Kit
Culinary Indoor Herb Garden Starter Kit
Best Indoor Garden Kit
- EASY AND FUN – This complete herb garden kit is all you need to start growing culinary herbs on your kitchen counter or windowsill all year round. Includes step-by-step cultivation instructions that eliminate guessing from cultivation
- DELICIOUS – Nothing tastes better than foods cooked with fresh herbs and spices, grown at home. Each seed variety has been chosen for maximum flavor intensity.
- INCLUDES – Beautiful gift box – 2 drip trays – 2 12-cell trays – 2 moisture domes – Seed label sticks – 24 discs of compressed soil (just add water) and an assortment of 12 culinary herb seeds (enough for multiple plantations) – Easy to follow Instructions
- Seeds included: basil (large Italian leaf), dill (Mammoth Long Island), oregano (common Italian), parsley (dark Italian flat-leaf) chives, mustard (southern curly giant) coriander (slow bolt), sage (wide leaf), rosemary, thyme (common), garlic chives, arugula (slow bolt). Certain seed substitutions can be applied. This collection can have up to 2 seed substitutions, typically of a variety very similar to the one listed. This is due to a combination of seasonal demand and other factors.
2. Indoor Herb Garden Starter Kit
Indoor Herb Garden Starter Kit
Best Indoor Garden Kit
- EVERYTHING YOU NEED IN ONE PACKAGE: This kit comes with everything you need to start your own herb garden. 5 kinds of herb seeds, soil, plant markers, reusable bamboo pots, trays, and easy-to-follow planting instructions are provided. You need absolutely zero knowledge or experience! Our set comes with detailed and illustrated instructions as well as a PDF guide to best practices. a thoughtful gift – Beginner Garden Home Grown Set is obliged to bring smiles all around and be enjoyed thoroughly. For moms, dads, vegetarian friends, cooks who like to evolve their crafts, or amateur gardeners, you’ll win them everywhere! Get this perfect gardening gift today.
- Our promise: seeds and land are grown, harvested, and packaged in the United States. We made sure that you can start your own herbal garden easily at home. Our support does not stop here, as we would like to see your herbal seeds grow. Our team will make sure to answer you and help you throughout your planting trip. If any of your seeds do not grow, please let us know and we will send you a new
- HIGH GERMINATION RATE, LEGACY, AND NON-GMO – Your seeds are grown, harvested, and tested locally before launch. Not everyone has a green thumb, so we make sure this DIY kit is ideal for both amateurs and beginners. In addition to planting instructions, tips and tricks on planting and germination are also provided.
3. Click and Grow Smart Garden 3 Indoor Herb Garden
Click and Grow Smart Garden 3 Indoor Herb Garden
- Growing fresh herbs and vegetables indoors: Energy-saving LED lights to ensure your plants thrive in any weather.
- Start right away: simply place the included plant pods, fill the water tank and plug the automatic watering pot into – your herb garden starter kit is good to carry.
- Plants: Choose from over 50 pre-planted pods for your garden of herbs such as coriander, basil, lavender, wild strawberries, thyme, and even chili peppers. You don’t need a green thumb!
- Your own nursery: transplant your herbs and vegetables once grown into your favorite wall pot, hang or window indoors or outdoors.