Table of Contents
An Indoor Herb Garden Kit Produces Food And Medicine
Herbs are helpful plants that make food better and health enhanced. An indoor herb garden kit is all one needs to grow some of these wonderful plants right on your kitchen window sill. An indoor herb garden kit will provide all the material a potential gardener needs to start and maintain a great garden with herbs to add to food and some other herbs to make you healthier. Some of the herbs can be used for both purposes, and the indoor garden kit will help the gardener grow these miracle plants.
According to some experts, an indoor herb garden kit can also help you to grow some plants that will increase the spirituality of those who use them. The indoor herb garden kit will help even an inexperienced gardener grow some green, leafy plants that look similar to other plants. These herb plants have special values. Herbs are not the same as spices, but these plants can be used to make food taste better like spices. The indoor herb garden kit will help you to grow a garden that can be used in small amounts to enhance the taste of food.
- CHECK OUT OUR STORE! - Click on the blue Window Garden link at top of page*** FRESH HERBS – Grocery store herbs only last a few days in a conventional planter. Now you can enjoy fresh herbs on your windowsill or counter top when you need them, they’ll last for weeks in the Aquaphoric Herb Planter Tub. Herbs are not included in this listing but they’re easy to get, most grocery stores sell them.
- PLANTS LIVE LONGER – The unique passive hydroponic action creates the perfect balance of root zone water and oxygen, allowing plants to grow healthier and flourish.
- FOOLPROOF – It’s self-watering! The handy water level indicator let’s you know when and how much to water you’re indoor herbs and house plants. Watering is reduced to weeks instead of days. Aquaphoric Planters work great for all plant types, flowers, herbs vegetables, tropical foliage, succulents and seed starting.
- ROOTS BREATH, PLANTS FLOURISH – Includes 6 quarts of Fiber Soil. Superior growing medium because roots breath better so plants thrive. Fiber Soil contains minimal nutrients, you’ll need some fertilizer to keep your herb garden growing lush and vibrant.
- GREAT GARDENING GIFT - Houseplants and especially herbs are good for you, plus they look great. Why not give the power of plants to someone you care about? It’s easy to grow plants with an Aquaphoric planter. Anyone can do it.
An Indoor Herb garden Kit Is Usually A Good Value
There is an abundant number of indoor herb garden kits on the market. These indoor herb garden kits are not all the same. Each consumer should look at the herbs and plants that are included in each kit. Some of the indoor herb garden kits include only herbs for food preparation. These include great herbs that add to the taste of food including basil, dill, and oregano. Other kits include herbs that are used for medicinal purposes such as Echinacea, chamomile, and cayenne. Other kits have herbs especially for making herbal teas. A good kit has detailed instructions for growing the herbs included in the kit. These herbs are specially chosen by experts who know a great deal about using herbs.
The directions in these kits are excellent, and they will help you place the growing kits for maximum benefit. These kits will also explain how to feed and maintain these plants. Once these plants are grown the kits will provide instructions for using them properly. Some may need to be washed much more than others. The indoor herb garden kits usually grow very quickly so the buyer will be able to have these tasty plants in their dinners in a short period of time. Those used for medicinal purposes may take a little bit longer, but not too long so people can enjoy the growing plants while they wait for the proper progress of these plants.
Reasons to Replace Part of your Lawn with a Food-Producing Garden
- If you grow an organic garden, it improves food quality and safety because commercial crops contain toxins from pesticides and herbicides.
- Precious water is used to grow food instead of on non-productive grass.
- Less money is spent on food and gas since there is less need for shopping for food
- You get more nutrition since food is fresher. This results in better health and more energy, which also lowers family medical bills
- No waste of food scraps, leaves, or grass can be composted into plant food.
- Food security is high if gardens are in your own back yard. Less chance of stealing.
- A medium-sized backyard garden can produce a large quantity of food each year.
- Sharing produce and gardening with neighbors is fun and builds good relationships
Why Grow an Organic Herb Garden?
Herbs are excellent flavor enhancers for our meet, pasta, and vegetable dishes. Not only do herbs add flavor to our food, but they also can provide us added nutrients. By growing our own organic herb garden, we can have fresh, chemical-free, herbs any time we want.
By growing an organic herb garden, we can more fully appreciate the full taste of the herbs. When the chemicals are used in the herb growing process, the natural taste of the herbs is altered. Once you use herbs from your own organic herb garden, you will taste what you have been missing.
Growing an Organic Herb Garden
As discussed in the organic vegetable garden section; when it comes to planting an organic herb garden, the type of seeds used are of the utmost importance. You must be positive the seeds are completely and totally organic seeds. To get the full benefit of organic, the seeds have to be chemical and pesticide-free.
An organic herb garden, just like an organic vegetable garden, should be mapped out on a piece of graph paper. This is especially useful for herbs; because some organic herbs will actually flourish more bountifully if they are planted next to other certain herbs. You can do some further research about this, or you can ask the staff at an organic garden supply store, to assist you with this.
When it comes to choosing which herbs to grow; in your organic herb garden, you have a large amount to choose from. Some of the more popular herbs include the following: Basil, chives, chamomile, parsley, oregano, lemon balm, and you can even grow catnip. The organic seed packets should provide the proper growing instructions; including when to plant them and precise directions on how to plant them for maximum growing results.
It matters little whether an indoor garden is a few pots on a windowsill or a lush garden room, what does matter is that plants add a dimension to the home/and or workplace that literally changes the energy and adds life. There is something about caring for plants and tending to them whether watering, re-potting, or touching the leaves that re-connects us on a deep level with an overwhelming sense of awe about this miracle of life of which we are an integral part.