Mosquito Control is a scientifically proven effective way to reduce the mosquito population. It uses a combination of botanical extracts including Citronella, garlic, geranium, and lemongrass to control mosquitoes.
Mosquito Control Methods – What Works & What Doesn’t
Mosquito control methods and pesticides have been and will always be a problem in the future. With the ever-growing population and an increase in mosquito infestation, we need to find new ways to combat them.
The list of mosquito-repelling natural methods is endless, which means it’s difficult to choose the best one for your home or business. This article will provide you with some tips on how to best deal with mosquitoes in your environment.
Controlling mosquitoes naturally can be tricky because while many methods work, others don’t seem to do anything at all. There is no one-size-fits-all solution for this problem but if you try out a few and see what works for your home or business you’ll end up finding the best method that actually works for you.
How Do Mosquito Repellents work?
Mosquitoes are a serious problem in many parts of the world. They have become a common nuisance and a threat to human health. But what can we do about it?
Mosquito repellents come in a variety of forms, from the plant-based insecticide that uses natural compounds to keep mosquitos away from your skin, to those that use chemicals that include DEET. There are also those that rely on sound effects as well as light flashes.
Mosquito repellent is an effective way to avoid mosquito bites as it creates an invisible barrier around you. It’s best used when you are going outside or going somewhere where there is a lot of standing water, such as ponds or lakes.
Mosquito Repellents vs. Traps
Mosquito Repellents and Traps are two types of methods used to get rid of mosquitoes. However, different mosquito repellents and traps cater to different needs.
Mosquito Repellent: A mosquito repellent is a product that either produces an odor or contains an ingredient that mosquitoes find unpleasant. Mosquito repellents can be used on people who want to go outside without getting bitten by mosquitoes and on pets who want to enjoy the outdoors without getting into trouble.
Mosquito Trap: A trap is a device that catches and kills mosquitoes by entangling them with sticky material such as glue or flypaper. The trapping of mosquitoes goes hand in hand with the use of insecticide sprays, which kill the insects after they have been trapped.
Ways to Contain & Kill Mosquitoes Outside Your Home Garden
Mosquitoes can be a nuisance in your garden, and controlling them can be difficult. Some methods of controlling mosquitoes involve splashing water on them, which doesn’t always work; or spraying nasty chemicals around your home garden.
If you want to prevent any mosquito from entering your home garden, try putting the antiviral treatment in your flower pots and by the outdoor pool. It’s best to put this treatment in during the early morning hours when mosquitoes are not active yet. Another method is to control weeds outside of the home garden and control grass outside of the home garden by using a weed killer that is safe for use around water sources such as your flower pots and outdoor pool.
How To Employ A Mosquito Repellent In Your House?
All of the above-mentioned methods are efficient, but it’s not just about the protection against mosquitoes. The efficacy of these methods depends on the type of mosquito repellent you use.
As an efficient solution to this problem, people can use a bot to perform these steps for them.
- Search for mosquito repellents near your location on Google/Amazon/Grocery stores online.
- Check out reviews and information.
- Buy one online or offline.
- Follow the instructions on how to apply it properly in your home by following the product label.
- Use the product regularly for protection against mosquitoes and other pests in your house
Don’t Give Them a Chance to Become Parents
To lay eggs, mosquitoes need water, but they must have been standing for more than four days. Here’s how to eliminate potential breeding habitats.
- Drain any standing water that’s collected in garbage cans, old tires, potted plant saucers, and buckets. Change the water in pets’ dishes daily; in birdbaths and children’s pools, every two days.
- Toss trash and recycle often—especially bottles and cans.
- Clear debris from gutters and storm drains.
- Repair leaky outdoor faucets.
Keep Biting Mosquitoes (which are always adult females) away from your house and yard.
- Adult mosquitoes like to rest on plants. Reduce the number of places where they can find shelter by pulling up weeds and mowing the lawn regularly.
- When you’re enjoying a drink on the porch, set up a rotating fan outside—mosquitoes are weak flyers and won’t make headway against a current.
Protect Yourself, Now that the Garden’s Covered
To keep from getting bitten, try not to schedule outdoor activities when mosquitoes are most active (usually dawn and dusk), and when you do go outside, use a mosquito repellent. Steer clear of products containing the chemical DEET; according to researchers at Duke University, frequent and long-term exposure may lead to memory loss, muscle and joint pain, shortness of breath, and brain damage. Fortunately, there are a number of effective, safe alternatives.
We road-tested Natural, Nontoxic Best Mosquito Repellents so you can have the buzz on Healthier Alternatives (Plants to avoid Mosquesto in your home).
Alfresco Anti Bug Bite Moisturizer
Ingredients: Botanical extracts, including geranium, Melissa, and lavender
Mosquito Magic Soap Bar
Ingredients: Rose, lemongrass, cedar, citronella, clove, rosemary, peppermint, cinnamon, thyme, and mint oils
Quantum Buzz Away Citronella Towelettes
Ingredients: Citronella, cedarwood, lemongrass, peppermint, and eucalyptus oils
Ingredients: Purified water; soybean, coconut, and geranium oils; glycerin; citric acid
No Buzz Zone Patch
Ingredients: Citronella oil, gum arabic, carboxymethyl cellulose, an ethylene polymer
Way Out Wax Hemp Citronella Candle
Ingredients: Soy wax, beeswax, and hemp-seed and citronella oils
No products found.
Best 05 Outdoor Mosquito Trap for Mosquito Control Gear
1. Dynatrap DT1050-AZSR Insect and Mosquito Trap Twist On/Off
Dynatrap DT1050-AZSR Insect and Mosquito Trap Twist On/Off
Outdoor Mosquito Trap
- Decorative insect trap provides three-way protection against mosquitoes and other flying insects, UV light and silent fan attracts and catches insects without snapping easily twists and turns off;
- Connects to standard 110-volt output;
- Stylish look with elegant black finish mosquito trap protects Up to 1/2 acre cleaning brush and suspension chain
- No attractiveness or propane is required.
- Power supply type: electric
2. DynaTrap Insect Trap (DT2000XLP), XL, Black
DynaTrap Insect Trap (DT2000XLP), XL, Black
Outdoor Insect Trap
- Extra-wide 3-way protection against mosquitoes and other flying insects with UV light designed to catch even more insects.
- A powerful silent fan catches insects without buzzing or buzzing.
- Extended coverage up to 1 acre; Durable insect trap for indoor and outdoor use;
- Connects to standard 110 volt outlet mosquito trap does not use pesticides or chemicals;
- does not require attractant or propane needs at least 3 weeks to catch enough mosquitoes to impact, and 6 weeks to break breeding cycle
3. DynaTrap DT1260-TUN Insect and Mosquito Trap Pole Mount
DynaTrap DT1260-TUN Insect and Mosquito Trap
Insect and Mosquito Trap
- Decorative insect trap delivers 3-way protection against flying insects with no chemicals, pesticides, or odor
- Powerful, whisper-quiet fan captures insects without zapping or buzzing
- Mosquito trap easily twists on and off
- Protects up to 1/2 acre; durable construction for indoor or outdoor use
- Stylish design with rich tungsten finish; includes pole stand for easy installation; plugs into a standard 110-volt outlet
- Needs at least 3 weeks to trap enough mosquitoes to make an impact, and 6 weeks to break the breeding cycle
4. DynaTrap ¼ Acre Outdoor Mosquito and Insect Trap – Black
DynaTrap ¼ Acre Outdoor Mosquito and Insect Trap
Outdoor Insect and Mosquito Trap
- The outdoor insect trap offers 3 layers of protection against flying insects,
- UV light and whisper-silent fans attract and trap insects without zapping.
- Durable, lightweight, and portable design for easy installation and outdoor
- Use Effectively protects up to ¼ acres of your property.
5. HEMIUA Bug Zapper for Outdoor and Indoor
HEMIUA Bug Zapper for Outdoor and Indoor
Waterproof Insect Fly Pest Attractant Trap
- The electronic mosquito killer uses high-efficiency ultraviolet light to attract mosquitoes, flies, and mosquitoes, then flying insects are trapped and electrocuted by electrically charged metal grids, giving you a comfortable and quiet environment.
- Using a 15W bulb attracts flying insects into mosquito zapper, with the help of 4200V internal power grid could instantly kill them, the inner grid is fenced with a plastic housing to prevent the finger from accidental contact. It helps you get rid of flying pests in outdoor living areas.
- Only with the effect of current, which electrocute flying insects in contact with the electrified surface. Well built with waterproof and weatherproof housing, it can be used outdoors all year round. The coverage area for this high-power electric zapper up to 1000 square feet.
- Ideal for use in the home, balcony, garden, and terrace. The design with a practical hanging ring allows you to hang it on the tree or porch of the house.
Natural Mosquitoes Bite Remedies
Get the Itch Out with these natural, effective bite remedies.
Studies suggest that taking 25 to 50 milligrams (a safe dosage for adults and children) of thiamin (vitamin B1) three times a day, starting two weeks before mosquito season, reduces your chance of getting bitten. The vitamin produces an odor on the skin that, though undetectable to us, is thought to be disagreeable to mosquitoes.
Treat a bite the same way you would any swollen bump: Put ice on it. The cold will reduce itching and inflammation.
Apply a dab of meat tenderizer directly to the bite to neutralize the itch-inducing allergen and reduce swelling.
Pour a teaspoonful into a little water, stir to make a thick paste; apply to bites. Helps heal irritated tissues and reduces itching.
Dab anything with menthol in it—say Tiger Balm or Vicks VapoRub—on a bite to relieve itching quickly.
But if you’re really covered in bites and they’re driving you crazy, use an over-the-counter antihistamine, such as Benadryl, which will provide quick and effective relief. You can take it orally or apply it topically in cream or ointment form.