Table of Contents
- 1 How to Repotting Plants Indoors in your Home?
- 2 Which Compost to Chose?
- 3 Should you Report a Newly Acquired Plant?
- 4 Make Slip the Ground Between a Mound of Roots
- 4.1 Repotting the Large Plants
- 4.2 Repotting Plants Grasses and Cactus
- 4.3 Repotting out of Water Reserve
- 188.8.131.52 To note: vats with water reserve offer the irreplaceable advantage of to be able to even supply the water plants during several days fifteen days when those are not too large. However, roots tend to only concentrate on the bottom, near the grid of support. Thus when the water goes up by capillarity, it is immediately absorptive by those. The top ground remains completely desiccated.
How to Repotting Plants Indoors in your Home?
When Should you Think About Reporting?
The flower pot or window box are limited spaces that quickly become too small for plants that grow normally. Signs of plants suffering from lack of space are:
- the plant stops growing
- it catches disease easily
- its leaves become yellow
- the roots try to escape the pot
It may also be the fact that the pot is too small for the plant (it topples easily).
When to Replant?
Spring is the best time as it is then that the plant starts to grow again. You should avoid doing so in Winter as this is when the plant rests. Repotting may also start the plant growing again.
Which Pot to Use?
You should choose the pot according to the plant – it should be proportional to the leaves. Don’t put a big fig plant in a small pot. Once potted, the plant shouldn’t wobble with the least bit of wind either. A clay pot will give better stability than a plastic one.
Choose a pot that is 4 or 5 centimeters wider than the previous one. It is best to use a new or cleaned and disinfected pot. To avoid water stagnation, check that the holes at the bottom of the pot aren’t blocked. If needed, make new holes.
Which Compost to Chose?
Chose your compost under your plant. An orchid will have different needs than a green interior plant or a cactus. Ready-made compost can be found in specialized shops.
How to Report Plants Step by Step?
- Take the clod of soil out of the old pot. Be careful not to damage the roots – break the pot if necessary. Remove the soil on the surface of the clod.
- Cover the holes of the new pot with bits of pot on with stones to avoid the clay escaping. You could also place 2 or 3 centimeters of stones at the bottom to improve drainage.
- Position your plant in the center of the new pot.
- Add the new compost between the clod and the walls of the pot with the help of a bit of wood, for example, to make it penetrate to the bottom of the pot and to compound it.
- Finish the reporting by a good watering. This will compound the soil and will integrate the clod better.
- Once this is done, put the plant where you want it.
- Easy carry,lightweight.and easy to wash clean.Works very well for succulent plants, bonsai plants and indoors for small plants.
- Heads of the spade, shovel and rake is stainless steel.Durable,and no rust even after repeated use.Handle made of high-quality plastic is no crack and dent.
- Muiti-functional Transplanting Tools Set:Transplanting tool set is combined with a seedling tool and a dual-use transplanting tool, which can help loosen soil, seeding, paving and transplant safely. With this tool set,you can easily plant your succulents without hurting the plants.
- Wide Range of Uses:The succulent tools set meets your various gardening needs like digging, watering, loosening soil, transplanting, cleaning, pruning, weeding and so on, suitable for succulent plants, bonsai plants and indoors for small plants, etc.
- The succulent plants tools includes:1 Watering bottle(500ml),2 Cleaning brush,1 Pair of curved tip tweezers,1 pair of straight tip tweezers,1 Leaf trimmer,1 Air dust blower,2 Transplanting tools,2 Bucket shovel set,3 Rake spade shovel, 1 spray bottle（300ml）
Should you Report a Newly Acquired Plant?
Yes, because plants bought in garden centers or DIY stores are often grown in mixtures containing pure or almost pure turf and are thus lacking in nutritive elements. More often than not they are sold in pots which are not big enough.
This operation of repotting plants in the pot remains one of more important for the growth of houseplants. A restricted volume of the ground and nutritive elements with the provision of the plants obliges you to wish to renew the substrate regularly of culture. As already explained granulometry plays a significant role in the circulation of water in the ground. When this one is too large manures in suspension in the water remain out of carried roots and the plant ceases gradually to develop.
Choose a New Container
You will always choose a new , which is about a pot, of one vat or a pot, only one number higher than the old size. Thus a pothos cultivated since one year in a pot of 14 cm will be repotted in a pot of 15 cm or one large philodendron will pass from a vat of 30 cm diameter to a vat of 32 or still 34 cm diameter. If it is not nine, disinfect the pot by doing it to soak for example in a solution of potassium permanganate or inform diluted at 10%.
Moreover, think to humidify the pots out of the ground: when they are dehydrated they can quickly absorb the water of the mound by breaking the hydraulic balance of the plant. Do not destroy your old pots or pots, you will need some perhaps during the year: to replace one broken pot for example.
Moreover, they can be useful for propagation by cutting branches of the size of spring.
No products found.
Repotting in Spring
The departure of the vegetation generally has a place in spring. Plants of apartment take again life and emit quickly of new ct roots starts–up. It is with this period that you must proceed to repot your plants. However, all the plants do not wish not an annual repotting.
Their roots, rather fragile, prefer to develop without frequent clashes and it is then preferable to change them pots every two years. One proceeds then one year on two with a surfacing (see further).
In spring, classify your plants in two categories (for example, with the assistance labels of colors), to know which are those which must be repotted and those which can wait the following year.
- 🌻【Not Only One Color】 Three kinds of color nursery pots with saucers, dimensions outer opening diameter: 5.9 inches / 15 cm, height: 6.69 inches / 17 cm.
- 🌻【Provide You Convenient Match】 we offer additional three-piece potted gardening tools, spades, rakes and spades, so you don't need to buy other planting tools.
- 🌻【6 Drainage Holes】The hollow design is adopted at the bottom to ensure the ventilation and drainage of flowerpots, create a deep planting space, promote root growth, maintain plant health.
- 🌻【Come With Saucers】 Comes with a durable tray protection deck, so that the garden pots on the patio, indoor or outdoor surface, ensure that the water will not overflow soiling the floor or table.
- 🌻【Perfect Decoration】 The size of flowerpots designed after a number of studies to achieve the maximum practicality of planter pots, you can use them indoors or outdoors. Decorate your desk, bedroom or garden perfectly. It's also an excellent gifts for men and women.
The professionals use for work of repotting of the special tables covered with zinc plates or shelves hones some with an edge out of wood. In what concerns you, install you in a place where you will be able to work at ease while envisaging that you will inevitably make fall ground on the ground.
A broad board will serve you like a table of repotting. Layout one than small ground heap on this board with a side of your new pots. Place in one box of the shards of pots or large gravels. forget not to make soak pots and shards before using them.
Envisage also a long spatula out of wood or failing this out of metal to make to slip the ground into the pot, a hammer to break the pots and shears. In a jar out of glass, envisage also alcohol with 90° or formol. In a box, place coal of well-crushed wood. This last product has a power anti cryptogamic and disinfecting very effective. Do not forget pas de to mix it with the ground of culture certain plants (broméliacées, gloxinia) sensitive to the diseases assailing roots.
The proportion is variable for the various species, but in general, one only uses a few small pieces for
The ground of a pot of 16–18 cm in diameter. Also layout in the vicinity: raffia, of the new tutors, possibly
small holds or stones who will be used as a cover on the ground large pots.
Repot and Pot the Small Plants
Easily transportable plants are repotted on the table of repotting. Discharge them by tapping the edge pot on the board and while maintaining the plant the upside down. In general, the mound is detached at a stretch without difficulty.
It can, however, arrive, at some old plants, that roots adhere to the pot. When they succeeded to leave by the hole the bottom, one should not wound them while seeking fair to leave the plant of force.
Proceed Rather as Follows:
after having a humidified mound, break the pot with the hammer.
On the other hand, if you must preserve it, make slip a blade of the knife all around the pot to detach the roots. The plant being now out of its pot, it is necessary to look at the mass of roots. The healthy roots are generally white–yellowish, farms, without unpleasant odor, without flow.
The sick roots, on the contrary, are brownish, viscous, are detached in scraps, feel bad. In its case, cut those which are attacked and powder all the radicular system with a product anti cryptogamic. You can moreover use powder of charcoal with this use.
Tap slightly the mound with hand to make fall a little old ground among the roots. That top of the mound is also eliminated to give way to compost nine. Repotting can now have a place. Place in the content of the pot one or several shards on the hole of evacuation. Recover them with a little compost that you will have beforehand mixed with charcoal. Pose your plant with its mound on it “bed.
- WHAT YOU GET -- 24 pcs nursery pots; comes with 15 pcs plant labels, you can mark the plants’ name easily.
- APPROXIMATELY 0.7 GAL POT -- Height 6.3”, opening diameter 6.3”, bottom diameter 4.9”, they are perfect for indoor outdoor plants, flowers, succulents, seedlings, cuttings and seedlings.
- FLEXIBLE & REUSABLE -- The pot is made of soft plastic, which is lightweight, reusable and restored after being compressed with no broken.
- RAISED RIM DESIGN & HOLES – The raised rim design allows you to handle and stack the pots easily. Holes at the bottom ensure proper drainage, while allow plants to breathe freely.
- WIDELY USED -- This pots are perfect for indoor outdoor plants, vegetables, flowers, professional nursery cultivation, gardening. You can use them in your yard, garden, porch, greenhouse and more.
Make Slip the Ground Between a Mound of Roots
Make slip the ground between a mound of roots and the pot while tapping on this one. The ground should well be packed to avoid the formation of pockets of air prejudicial to the developing roots. The position of the plant must be exactly in the center of the pot. The collet must arrive slightly below the level of the edge of the pot.
Finish repotting while recovering the top of the mound with a little compost but by leaving light basin towards the center to allow watering. When this work is completed, place or replace the tutor in the center of the mound and check the links of the plant.
You can also cut this one if it the previous year pushed too much. Watering is light the first time for then becoming a little more important is the following times. Li is necessary however to remain very careful because plants develop their radicular system rather slowly in the beginning. An excess of water in the new ground causes the fast asphyxiation of the young roots the sheets yellow and fall.
Repotting the Large Plants
Large untransportable specimens with the cause of their size or because they are attached to the wall, are reported on a place. Discharge the mound while raising the plant and scrape the ground used using the spatula. If the mound does not want to slip out of a pot, you can push it with a large last piece of wood in the hole of the bottom.
Repotting is practiced then the same manner as for the small one’s plants. However, take care of not too much to type the pot on the ground because you can crack it or even to break it the ground is descended until in bottom, length mound using the spatula in wood. Sprinkle.
Repotting Plants Grasses and Cactus
The problem resides primarily in the difficulty of seizing these plants. JI is recommended to use a grip with cactées and gloves of the gardener of good quality. When it acts important plants, surround it a trunk or the ball of the cactus of an old man jute bag. This process allows the seizing plant without too much difficulty.
It is preferable to begin it repotting with the plant laid down on the side, on a paperboard. The compressing of the ground takes place when the plant is upright. Strongly pack the mixture porous. No watering is necessary afterward repotting: it is preferable to wait fifteen days–three weeks or even a month to sprinkle again.
Repotting out of Water Reserve
According to the type of vats, repotting must take place every year or all of them two years. The vigorous plants are repotted each year: their roots tend to block completely the mêche of food and to invade water reserve. At the time of repotting old plants, it is sometimes difficult to extract the grid, embedded in the roots!
The discharge is practiced like for the other vats, by laying down them plants on the side. When volume roots are too important, it is possible to divide one of them part with disinfected shears. You can also duplicate certain indoor plants that become too large. At the handing–over out of a pot, place good sleep of ground in the content of the vat after having cleaned the wick. Pack ground in the vat by leaving the slight depression in the center for watering.
This presents the serious disadvantage to limit the growth of the roots in a small portion of the mass earthy mixture available. However, if water has suddenly missed, the roots desiccate quickly and die. To avoid · this disadvantage, it is appropriate to continue waterings normally over as for a classical pot. Water Traverse mound and I supplement am collected by the reserve. This method allows preserving an earthy mass wet on all the height roots to continue to push in a totality of the compost.