Small Frame Chicken CoopSmall Frame Chicken Coop
A movable chicken coop is a perfect addition to the backyard for any gardener. The benefit of a portable chicken coop is the ability to move the chicken coop around your yard or garden area, fertilizing with chicken poop as you go. Chicken poop is an amazing, nitrogen-rich, organic fertilizer.
When it’s time to move the chicken coop to a new location, simply grab it by the carrying handles and go. A spot where a chicken coop was sitting is often a good place to prepare the soil for a garden bed.
Need a larger chicken coop? Check out the Large A-Frame Chicken Coop.
Chickens don’t need free-range in your garden. They will eat your vegetables and pull entire pea plants out of the ground. This coop has a run and gives you the option to let them have 16 square feet of fresh ground without risking your garden harvest.
Chickens will naturally roost at dark. The upper tier has 12 square feet of well-ventilated space for roosting and nesting. Instinct will take over for chickens. You don’t really have to train backyard chickens. But they can still make friendly pets if handled often. This hen house has a ladder that can be raised for extra security of chicken predators like skunks and foxes.
This small, portable chicken coop can house 3 medium laying chickens or 5 small breed Bantams. A chicken can lay an egg a day. An easily accessible nesting box is a must-have for chicken coops, and this one has an external egg collection door.
This is a long-lasting, consciously made, and high quality, handcrafted chicken coop. It’s made from a renewable source of Douglas Fir timber that is plantation grown and repels insects, like lice, because of the scent of the wood. Coop is stained with a weather resistant, low VOC paint.
Small Backyard Chicken Coop Product Details:
- Dimensions: 60″L x 50″W x 42.5″H
- Weight: 59 pounds
- Accessible Doors: External egg collection door to the nesting box. Side door for easy cleaning of the roosting area. Lower door to run area for easy access to food and water, or to let them out to free range.
- Long Lasting: Made from renewable, plantation grown Douglas Fir timber. Stained with non-toxic paint.
- Houses 3 medium chickens or 5 Bantams.
- Assembly: The chicken coop will be shipped in a flat box. But assembly is easy.