Top 5 Succulent Plants and Growing Tips in ContainersTop 5 Succulent Plants and Growing Tips in Containers
Succulent is excellent decorative plants, demand less water and sunlight. There are immense varieties of succulents are available in the market with lots of ornamental features. There are many plants, which are easy to grow, some are a little more demanding, but all of them are surely a great way to enhance creativity.
Succulents are often considered as decoration plants and people generally take these wonderful species very casually. As these plants demand less water, light and thrive in the simplest of containers, these give an endless creative possibility to make amazing varieties of succulent with colors and shapes.
It is not difficult to find succulents. These plants are common and you can buy it in a garden store at a cheap price. However, growing succulents require certain knowledge about the plants and habitat.
The Benefits of a Succulent Plant
No doubt you have heard of the word succulent. Many people have used this word in an attempt to describe a favorite food but there is a better way to use this word. In reality, this is the name of a specific type of plant. Succulent plants are plants that store water within their leaves, stems or roots. These plants are distinguished by rather large and fleshy leaves, as well as the ability to sustain life in dry, arid conditions.
These plants, due to their ability to hold water, can be found in many of the world’s driest places! So what are the benefits of having a succulent plant? Why should you bypass other well-known plants in favor of a succulent? Let’s take a few moments and discover the beautiful world of succulent plants and why you should make them a part of your home décor.
Succulent plants are very hearty. That doesn’t mean they have a heart but it does mean that they are resilient. Many people are familiar with the cactus but they fail to understand that a cactus is a succulent plant. Did you know that cacti flower? Did you know that they come in hundreds of varieties? Cacti have an uncanny ability to thrive in the most inhospitable environments. From extreme heat to extreme cold these plants can survive because they can regulate their temperature due to their ability to store water. This makes the succulent plant a keeper for those people who have a hard time remembering to water plants. When it comes to succulents, quick water once a month is more than enough to keep these plants thriving and producing!
But why should you make this plant a part of your home? While cacti are more familiar, did you know that the Aloe plant is a succulent? If you are like most people then you have to deal with the harmful effects of the sun and its ultra-violet rays. One of the biggest risks of sun exposure is sunburn. The aloe plant is a common source of relief when it comes to sunburn. By cracking open one of the leaves and rubbing the slimy contents on your burn, the aloe can reduce and in some cases remove the pain associated with a burn.
Tips to Grow Succulents
- Succulents can grow in a variety of places including patio pavers, rock gardens, stone walls, etc. but the easiest method is to grow these plants in containers. You can find pots of various sizes and shapes, but as an aesthetic value, you can grow in stone or elongated containers.
- To make it look good, you can grow succulents in hypertufa troughs and pots, which are quite easily available online or at local garden centers. You can grow lots more variety of plants in a single container to create a colorful design.
- The plants require a minimum amount of water, so it should be planted in a well-drained pot. Also, you can add a 25% builder’s sand in the soil. Succulents do not require fertilizers.
- Succulents do need consistent moisture and happy when they are out in the sun.
- Plants of Succulents are excellent decorative accessories for your garden as well. If you are willing to buy fountains in Sydney, you can place your pots around the small fountain to create an artistic ambiance.
- In addition to cactus, succulents are great plants for creating captivating terrariums.
5 Wonderful Succulents to Décor your House
1- Paddle Plan
- This plant is a winter plant with relatively tall than other similar species. The leaves are flat and the design of the plant is whimsical. The plant bolts when bloom so the lifespan of this species is not so long.
2- Tree aeonium
- This species features deep burgundy to black variety with large cream-colored variegated leaves with pink shades. Tree aeonium can grow up to 24 inches tall and develop a thick trunk. The plant blooms in winter with colorful yellow flowers.
3- Donkey’s Tail
- This exotic vine-like succulent can grow up to 2 feet long with unique small beads like leaves. The leaves are light green and easily grow with little maintenance. The plant can be kept in a hanging basket on a wall or balcony. It can also grow in shades and should not be kept in direct sunlight.
- Firesticks, the red form is devoid of chlorophyll and has a great texture. The absence of chlorophyll gives this unique reddish hue and stunted growth. The plant can be kept in full sun and can be planted along with moisture-loving non-succulent plants.
5- Cobweb Houseleek
- The small hardy succulent is a small rosette from mountains. It has a unique spider-like design with stems forming outside from between the leaves to bear offsets. The succulent can grow in 5-8 zones an up to 3-8 inches tall. The plant can be grown in shades, but occasional sunlight can be beneficial to grow well.
you can buy indoor succulent plants from Amazon Store Here:
Grow Hardy and Durable Succulent Plants
Succulent plants thrive in arid climates and soil conditions, thanks to their ability to store water in their roots, stems, and leaves. Their roots grow close to the surface of the soil enabling them to absorb moisture from light rain showers and dew. Many varieties of succulents possess tough skin. The skin may appear waxy or may be covered with hair-thin bristles or spine-like protrusions.
The most well-known variety of succulent plants is cacti from the Cactaceae family. Other popular succulent species occur in the Aizoaceae and Crassulaceae families. Succulents are found naturally all over the world. These plants are usually inhabitants of semi-desert, desert, sub-tropic and tropic regions, but they can also be found in some seaside coastal areas.
Succulent Plants Lovers
They can survive long periods of arid weather and withstand wind and rain. They don’t require a large space to grow, so they’re great for container gardens and hanging baskets. Plus, their roots are shallow so little soil or potting mix is required for planting or transplanting making them easy for children and beginning gardeners to care for. Presently how might you contend with any of that?
There are numerous options for purchasing succulents at a great price. Home improvement stores and gardening sections of major department stores often carry these plants. Online specialty nurseries like Amazon offer the convenience of online shopping.
Succulent plants prefer bright light. Placing them near a south-facing window will ensure that they receive adequate light. Temperatures between 50 and 85 degrees Fahrenheit are optimal for most succulents to thrive. These plants also need generous amounts of water in the summer but in winter months, watering is only necessary every other month. Excessive watering will lead to plant rot and the result of this disease is death. Fertilizing during the summer will enhance the health of your succulents but this should be avoided during winter.
Table of Contents
- 1 Top 5 Succulent Plants and Growing Tips in Containers
- 2 5 Wonderful Succulents to Décor your House