What Are the Most Common Causes of Mould
Household mould can be a killer. With that said, there are many types of mould that are completely harmless and the chances of you harboring the feared toxic mold in your home are very unlikely. Even so, it is worth cleaning your home extensively to ensure no mold can grow, even if it is not a toxic type of mold.
Mould can be unsightly, it can smell, and it can, as we have already mentioned, make you unwell. If you are allergic to mold, however, then even the most harmless can still make you unwell.
In this article, we are going to tell you what the causes of mold are, as well as a few solutions and preventative measures to ensure that mold cannot grow in your home. Allowing mould to grow in your home and having knowledge that it is there is a very bad idea – it is also very unhygienic.
We hope that by the end of this article you will know virtually everything there is to know about mold and will want to eliminate it the minute that you notice any forming in your home.
Here are the Most Common Causes of Mould
A damp environment is great for mold growth. It is common for old boilers to have mould growth around them, because many boilers leak, or form moisture around them. With that said, newer, tankless boilers, like those reviewed by the experts from waterheaterleakinginfo.com/, do not form moisture around the edges. Older boilers, though, do.
Dampness is one of the most common sources of mold – in most places you find moisture and dampness for prolonged periods, you will find mold. Because of this, it is a good idea to always ensure that there is no dampness or damp spots in your home. Another very common place for mould to form is in bathrooms where it can become very damp and wet, especially if you do not have a good quality extractor fan to draw up all of the moisture.
Extractor fans can be very affordable and are easily installed. It is best to have a trained electrician install your extractor fan, however, if you do not know what you are doing you can hurt yourself and potentially electrocute yourself. Dampness is key to mold growth, so you must ensure that you always treat it when it occurs.
Like dampness, humidity can also cause mould to form. Humidity is, in a sense, dampness. Humidity, however, cannot be treated by ‘sucking the moisture out of the air. For humidity, you will need a proper dehumidifier or an HVAC system. Humidity can not only cause mold, but it can make your home a very uncomfortable place to live.
Treat humidity as soon as you notice it occurring. Humidity most often occurs in the summer and during the night in winter. You can pick up a dehumidifier for a very low price but try to find one that is of a high quality so that you can ensure humidity is treated and removed.
Dark, wet rooms are perhaps the best environment for mould growth. A dark room with moisture contained within will become a hotspot for mold in a matter of days. It is always good, in damp rooms, to leave lights on while they air out. Additionally, most extractor fans will only operate if the lights are turned on as it stands anyway. A good way to combat mold is to leave windows open and allow in the fresh air, as well as light. Never allow a damp room to darken and stay that way for weeks.
Read More: Common Damp Problems That Might Happen
Health Complications of Mould
If you allow mould to form in your home, you can experience a number of adverse health problems. If you have allergies to mold, the negative symptoms can be multiplied. When toxic mold forms in your home, you may begin to experience headaches, nausea, respiratory problems such as wheezing and shortness of breath, and dizziness.
If any of these symptoms occur you should, of course, contact a doctor, you should also search for mold if no explanation can be made, for mold may be in areas of your home that you cannot see.
Treatment for Mould
There are a few ways that you can treat mould. We will offer you two of the most effective. We will offer one that is chemical, and the other that is natural (or non-chemical). A lot of people nowadays find the thought of chemicals in their homes very intimidating and quite worrisome. If you are one of these people, like me, we have offered you an alternative to traditional chemical treatment.
Here are two effective treatments for mold if you begin to notice it forming in your home and want to get on top of it.
Bleach is the most effective chemical solution for treating mold. Most people swear by bleach when it comes to mould removal, though as we have already mentioned, many find bleach quite scary.
Significant research has gone into the usage of bleach, and while many studies are still underway, the general consensus is that it is bad for your health and can cause a number of complications. Even so, if you use it safely you are unlikely to experience any adverse side effects. It is always good to be very cautious when using any chemical.
Vinegar is another fantastic way to clean off mold, though must never be mixed with bleach for they can react with one another and create harmful chemicals. Vinegar on its own, or with baking soda, is a very effective method of mold removal. Vinegar can be diluted and sprayed directly onto the mold.
It can be left on for around half an hour and then be wiped clean. Vinegar is a fantastic method of mold removal and it is very effective. You should use only white distilled vinegar for removing mold, for it has the highest acid content of all vinegar.
In this article, we hope to have explained to you the causes of mold, the complications that can arise, and how you can remove it from your home. We hope that you have found this article informative and educational and that you feel like you have benefitted from it. Thank you for reading and please do visit us again soon!
Read More: How To Get Rid Of Mold
Concrobium 27400 Mold Control Aerosol, 14 ozBuy Now
Concrobium 25326 Mold Control Spray, 32 ozBuy Now
Concrobium Mold Control Household Cleaners, 1 GallonBuy Now