Wooden garden sheds provide an attractive way to keep your garden tools and equipment organized and secure. Some people just use their shed for storing garden equipment and supplies, however, there are several instances where a garden shed is also used as a workshop or a place to pot plants. If your shed is not used for storage it can also serve as your own private retreat where you can go to relax and enjoy some quiet time by yourself.
Why Are Wooden Garden Sheds so Popular?
Wooden garden sheds allow an aesthetically pleasing look that is hard to achieve with sheds made with other materials Sheds constructed with pressure-treated lumber are resistant to termite attack and other insect problems and do not need a lot of maintenance. Cedar is another option when it comes to the exterior walls of your shed because it resists rot, looks good and has a pleasant smell.
The advantage of working with wood as opposed to working with metal or plastic is that you just need a few basic tools to get the job done.
To Buy or To Build
You can pick from two options. The two methods of building a shed are to buy one that is preassembled and then erected on your site or you can get the materials from a lumber supply store and build it from scratch.
If you decide you want a preassembled shed you’ll find many selections which vary in design, size, and shape. No matter what size shed you’re considering whether it is a small 5′x3′ or a larger 30′x12′ shed you’ll be able to find something that will meet your needs.
If you decide to construct a shed on your own there are two options. Those that are confident about their carpentry skills would rather build their shed from scratch while others prefer to assemble their shed from a kit. If you possess even moderate carpentry talents you might want to construct your shed from scratch which will allow you to personalize the design according to your needs. If you think that your carpentry skills aren’t up to the task you may wish to buy a kit that has all the parts precut.
If you’re thinking that you’d like to build your own shed your first purchase will be a complete set of plans that will clearly show you how to construct the building yourself. If you’re looking for plans for wooden garden sheds you can check out various books, magazines, and the internet in addition to what is available in your local library. The internet, however, offers the best source of shed designs because there are so many to choose from.
Make sure that the shed plan you purchase clearly explains how to assemble your shed and provides a complete list of the materials you’ll need.
Your first task, whether you buy a preassembled shed or build it from scratch is to determine how you are going to use it. If you want to store a few garden tools and some pots in your shed you probably won’t need anything too big. If you want your shed to accommodate a variety of items such as a work area, RVs, tractors, and lawn equipment then you want to make sure you plan for enough floor space.
When you’ve decided how big your shed is going to be your next step is to determine what kind of shed roof and foundation you want. And finally, the construction of your shed should be strong enough to endure the weather conditions you could expect to occur in your area.
- 🌲 The wooden garden shed is the ideal outdoor storage for items such as watering can, hoses, spades, pots. Of course, more than that.
- 🌲The medium garden shed's left side has two shelves. The right size is much bigger and you can store some long tool.
- 🌲The roof not only durable but also beautiful. The nail on the Toolshed feet can connect the ground firmly.
- 🌲The base anchors on the Toolshed feet can connect the ground firmly
- 🌲Stained natural wood color and finished with protective coating. Equipped with double doors, double locks, double handles
- ✅SPACIOUS LAYOUT: This large metal outdoor shed features ample inner storage space and is perfectly designed for garden tools, lawn care equipment, pool supplies, and more.
- ✅DURABLE CONSTRUCTION: The tool storage is constructed from durable galvanized steel with a weatherized finish. The sturdy shed is weather and rust-fighting, ideal for long-lasting outdoor use.
- ✅ADVANCED SLOPED ROOF DESIGN: The garden storage roof is sloped, adding extra storage up top and preventing rainwater from gathering, helping to protect from rust.
- ✅GOOD VENTILATION: The 4 vents and double sliding doors of this backyard shed increase both light and airflow, preventing odor and helping to reduce the accumulation of moisture in the shed. Also, it can help protect your items from weather damage and strong wind.
- ✅OUTDOOR GARDEN BACKYARD SHED DIMENSIONS: Overall Dimensions: 11.15' L x 12.5' W x 6.6' H; Inside Dimensions: 10.8' L x 12.2' W x 6.6' H. Assembly Required