Wooden garden sheds provide an attractive way to keep your garden tools and equipment organized and secure. Some people just use their shed for storing garden equipment and supplies, however, there are several instances where a garden shed is also used as a workshop or a place to pot plants. If your shed is not used for storage it can also serve as your own private retreat where you can go to relax and enjoy some quiet time by yourself.
Why Are Wooden Garden Sheds so Popular?
Wooden garden sheds allow an aesthetically pleasing look that is hard to achieve with sheds made with other materials Sheds constructed with pressure-treated lumber are resistant to termite attack and other insect problems and do not need a lot of maintenance. Cedar is another option when it comes to the exterior walls of your shed because it resists rot, looks good and has a pleasant smell.
The advantage of working with wood as opposed to working with metal or plastic is that you just need a few basic tools to get the job done.
To Buy or To Build
You can pick from two options. The two methods of building a shed are to buy one that is preassembled and then erected on your site or you can get the materials from a lumber supply store and build it from scratch.
If you decide you want a preassembled shed you’ll find many selections which vary in design, size, and shape. No matter what size shed you’re considering whether it is a small 5′x3′ or a larger 30′x12′ shed you’ll be able to find something that will meet your needs.
If you decide to construct a shed on your own there are two options. Those that are confident about their carpentry skills would rather build their shed from scratch while others prefer to assemble their shed from a kit. If you possess even moderate carpentry talents you might want to construct your shed from scratch which will allow you to personalize the design according to your needs. If you think that your carpentry skills aren’t up to the task you may wish to buy a kit that has all the parts precut.
If you’re thinking that you’d like to build your own shed your first purchase will be a complete set of plans that will clearly show you how to construct the building yourself. If you’re looking for plans for wooden garden sheds you can check out various books, magazines, and the internet in addition to what is available in your local library. The internet, however, offers the best source of shed designs because there are so many to choose from.
Make sure that the shed plan you purchase clearly explains how to assemble your shed and provides a complete list of the materials you’ll need.
Your first task, whether you buy a preassembled shed or build it from scratch is to determine how you are going to use it. If you want to store a few garden tools and some pots in your shed you probably won’t need anything too big. If you want your shed to accommodate a variety of items such as a work area, RVs, tractors, and lawn equipment then you want to make sure you plan for enough floor space.
When you’ve decided how big your shed is going to be your next step is to determine what kind of shed roof and foundation you want. And finally, the construction of your shed should be strong enough to endure the weather conditions you could expect to occur in your area.
- EFFICIENT DESIGN: Designed to fit a variety of outdoor storage items. With a large entry door and three short storage shelves, there is plenty of room to store your tools, garden supplies, grill equipment, and accessories. The shed comes equipped with a lock to keep all your possessions safe and secure. Perfect fit for any backyard, patio, or lawn.
- STORAGE SIZE: This 2.5' x 5.9' shed can store up to 8.7 cubic feet. This compact shed allows you to keep organized and store all your outdoor tools with ease.
- STURDY & DURABLE: Made with natural sturdy fir wood and waterproof roof, this storage cabinet is built to withstand the elements. Ergonomically designed for long lasting use to enjoy for many years.
- ASSEMBLED PRODUCT DIMENSIONS: 70.4"H x 30.3"W x 21.3"D (5.9' x 2.5' x 1.8')
- CUSTOMER SERVICE: Hanover Customer Service is here to help! If you are in need of replacement parts, parts due to damage in transit, or have any questions, please feel free to contact us and our customer service team will respond within 24 hours to assist you.
- 🏡🏡3-tier Storage Shelves: This outdoor tool shed is a perfect storage solution to keep your backyard tidy. 3-tier shelves provide you with ideal storage space to hold a variety of garden tools or household items. Besides, the lower shelve can be removed to create a larger compartment for storing long tools, such as mowers, ladders, etc.
- 🏡🏡Rugged & Stable Structure: Made of premium fir for extend durability, this high quality storage shed promises a longer service life. Besides, the painted surface has good weather-resistance, ensuring long outdoor use. The adjustable foot pads make the storage cabinet more steady on uneven ground.
- 🏡🏡Lockable Doors with Shutter Design: The outdoor storage shed with wooden latch keeps all your garden tools secure and brings a convenience to opening and closing the doors. Additionally, the shutter design provides dry and ventilated storage space for garden supplies.
- 🏡🏡Tilt Pitch Roof for Long Outdoor Use: Designed with a waterproof sloping pitch roof, the outdoor tool shed allows rain to flow down quickly and avoids stagnant water. It will undoubtedly be a charming complement for indoor and outdoor occasions, whether used in the backyard, garden, lawn, garage, etc.
- ✨✨Hassle-free Assembly: We will provide detailed instruction and necessary hardware to shorten your installation time. It can be used not only as a tool closet, but also as a garden shed for storing gardening supplies such as shovels and water pot, or as an equipment cabinet for storing sports equipment etc.