Choosing a Good Garden Thermometer
A garden thermometer is a wonderful tool to have in your gardening arsenal. Understanding the best weather conditions for your plants, as well as keeping a watchful eye on the temperature outdoors, will help you tend your garden properly. This article will talk about the two most common thermometers for a gardener: a typical garden thermometer and a soil thermometer.
A standard garden thermometer is a great tool to help you gauge the temperature in your actual garden. Sure, you could flip on the news, but for those of us who live several miles away from the city our news comes from, the news temperature could vary slightly from the temperature in our actual gardens. Garden thermometers come in various styles, and the one you choose should best reflect the “persona” of your garden. Some styles are unique and detailed, while others are of an effortless and practical design. The style that you choose may depend a great deal on your preference as well as your budget.
- 【Air Comfort Indicator】Humidity meter with humidity level icon indicates air condition -- DRY/COMFORT/WET, allowing this humidity sensor to ensure you’re always aware of changes to your home/household with just a quick glance
- 【High Accuracy and Quickly Refresh】Inside thermometer has high accuracy of ±2~3%RH and ±1°F, making it ideal for measuring fluctuating readings like in a greenhouse; Data measurements are updated every 10 seconds to give you lastest changes of the environment
- 【High & Low Records】Accurate hygrometer digital thermometer displays high and low temperature & humidity, always get ready to the changes of the environment
- 【Healthier Home & Environment】Thermometer hygrometer with temperature and humidity monitor ensures proper indoor humidity control has important skin, allergen and other health benefits; Can also be as refrigerator thermometer, freezer thermometer, reptile thermometer, soil thermometer, humidor hygrometer, cigar hygrometer and more
- 【Smart Design】Indoor room thermometer features a tabletop stand to place the temperature monitor on your counter or use the magnetic back to attach to a fridge; °F/°C Selector; Powered by 1 x AAA battery (included)
We mention budget because garden thermometers come in various materials, such as plastic, ceramic, metal, and even wood! Each of these has advantages, but you definitely want to make sure that whichever thermometer you pick out can withstand the elements of nature, as it WILL be placed in a fixed area outdoors. Many can be mounted onto the wall of your house, but some are designed as “hanging” thermometers. Some designs hang from or mount to a matching steak that can be driven into the ground. These are brilliant as you can move the thermometer to different garden areas to get a better idea of the “in the sun” temperature and the “shade” temperature.
- Monitor soil temperature for healthy seeding, planting and gardening
- Perfect for indoor potting or outdoor gardening
- Measures temperatures from 0 to 220 degrees Fahrenheit
- 7-inch easy-clean stainless steel stem
- Includes protective sheath with pocket clip
Garden Soil Thermometers are just as Handy for the Involved Gardener
This tool allows you to get an accurate temperature reading of the soil. Why would you want to do this? Even though the time of year may be right for planting, if the soil is too cold, your plant may rot or become diseased before it even gets a chance. Or, say you have imported a plant that requires specific temperatures for planting. To give your plant the best chance of survival, take the soil’s temperature for three days in a row. Has the soil been roughly the same (desirable) temperature each day? If so, it’s a green light on planting!
- NOT FOR HUMAN: Temperature readings from this devices are inanimate objects. The measured temperature for humans or animals will not be correct. Class 2 laser, optical power 0.5-0.9mW
- BETTER ACCURACY: 12:1 D:S, meaning it can accurately measure targets at greater distances compared to most others; For best accuracy, the distance between the thermometer and object of measurement should approximately be 14.17 inches (36 cm)
- TARGET QUICKER: Measure surface temperature ranging from -58℉ to 716℉(-50℃ to 380℃), you can choose the unit from ℉ to ℃; Response time: ≤500Ms; A built in laser gives you the precision to hone in on the exact space you want to measure
- ADDED FUNCTIONS: The LCD screen is backlit, also has an auto-off function to extend the battery life, and features a low battery indicator so you never accidentally run out of juice (battery included)
- VERSATILE DESIGN: Infrared technology makes it to measure the surface temperature of various objects especially temperatures above boiling points and below freezing points; Use it for cooking, ovens; AC, refrigerators; or soapmaking cats toy etc
Choosing a soil thermometer isn’t overly involved, but you do have to consider your uses for it. Do you plan to leave it on the ground for long periods of time? If so, you definitely want to find something weather resistant. This may cost a bit more, but it’s definitely worth the price to know that your thermometer won’t only remain intact when you remove it from the ground after months of outdoor exposure. However, it will still give an accurate temperature reading! If you aren’t too fussed about leaving the thermometer in the ground, you will have various thermometers to choose from. Digital thermometers are rising in popularity, plus most are great for both one-time usage and constant outdoor usage. If you aren’t sure whether you will leave your thermometer outside, you are best off buying one capable of that type of usage just in case!
- ☔【7 IN 1 Accurate Weather Station!】2020 Upgrade Greenke Weather Station come with a Large color LCD, which provides more information: real-time indoor/outdoor temperature&humidity(max/min), vivid weather forecast(next 8-24h weather), Time/date, alarm clock/snooze(extra 5-minute sleep), barometric pressure, moon phases.
- ☔【High-Tech Home Weather Station】This weather forecast station(built-in sensor) come with a Powerful wireless remote sensor(White/Black), which collect outdoor&indoor real-time data. Basing on weather stations tracking specific weather-related variables, including changes in temperature, humidity and barometric pressure to generate a accuracy personalized forecast for your location!
- ☔【Up to 3 Wireless Sensor Available】Upgraded anti-interference technology support extra long distance wireless transmission, to make you keep known of outdoor conditions when you are in comfortable room. Capable of displaying readings from 3(MAX) outdoor remote sensors to monitor multiple locations. (ONLY 1 White/Black remote sensor included).
- ☔【Wall Mount & Table Stand】Size: L 20.5x H 13cm( 8"x5.1"), Not only work as a normal indoor/outdoor weather station/ wireless thermometer, but also can be a Alarm Clock with calendar,time & snooze! There is a USB port on the behind for you to charge your phone or iPad. The weather station can be wall mount or table stand and make installation a breeze!
- 🔋【Intimate Energy-Saving Mode】Can be powered by a DC adapter (included) or 2*AA battery (not included). The weather station will turn off automatically in 15 seconds to make your weather station working for a longer time with battery(Touch top ☀ light on) . If you want the weather station always lights on, you can use the power adaptor. (Tips: Press the side button "▲" to switch °C or °F)
If you are a very eager gardener, you can find soil thermometers in “kits” that allow you to take soil samples for various testing. Your demand for a garden or soil thermometer—or both, even—really depends on the level of gardening you intend to perform and whether your plants have specific requirements. If ever you are unsure, seek out advice from a local plant nursery. They are more than willing to offer help to novice and expert gardeners alike!