Fiskars StaySharp Max Reel Lawnmower Review
For people with smaller yards, this Fiskars 362050-1001, 18 Inch, StaySharp Max Push Reel Lawn Mower is the mower for them. Instead of wasting hundreds of dollars on a gas-powered motor, purchasing this one will not only save them money initially but also continue to save them money throughout the years as it uses no gas.
Since this mower is powered by the user, some would think that it would be exhausting to mow a single lawn – however, they’re wrong. This mower utilizes an ergonomic grip for comfort, height adjustment for additional ease of use, and a unique 5-blade reel with a VersaCut design so that the grass is cut with almost no force at all.
This particular push reel mower is at least 40% easier to use than other standard push mowers and it has a four-year warranty giving you peace of mind that your purchase will last!
- The smart design of our eco-friendly reel mower offers a cleaner cut without the hassles of gasoline, oil, battery charging, electrical cords or loud engine noise
- A combination of advanced technologies make the StaySharp Max Reel Mower 60% easier to push than other reel mowers
- Patent-pending InertiaDrive Reel delivers twice the cutting power to blast through twigs, weeds and tough spots that would jam other reel mowers
- Exclusive StaySharp Cutting System uses precision-ground, hardened steel blades to cut grass without touching, greatly reducing friction and blade wear for long-lasting performance without costly annual blade sharpening
- Limited three-year warranty Amazon,
Description of Products
The StaySharp Max Reel Mower highlights trend-setting innovation that conveys top-tier cutting execution – no gas, oil, charging, or ropes required. This propelled structure is 60 percent simpler to push than other reel mowers and flaunts 2X more cutting force than standard plans.
Also, a StaySharp Cutting System disposes of the expense and bother of manual edge honing. The cut stature can be effectively balanced from 1-4 inches, inset wheels empower ultra-close edging, and one-contact handle tallness change improves solace and control. What’s more, a reversible grass chute can be situated to coordinate clippings forward, away from your feet, or in reverse and descending, making it simpler to cut extreme patches while restricting untidiness. The StaySharp Max Reel Mower is perfect for all grass types, even extreme southern assortments like St. Augustine, Zoysia, Bahia, and Bermuda grass.
- 5 blades on the reel allowing it to cut through anything
- VersaCut design
- Ergonomic grip and easy height adjustment
- The garden cutting is charming with a propelled reel mower that is 60 percent simpler to push than other reel mowers
- Inertia Drive reel is intended for all grass types, conveying double the slicing capacity to float through predicament and StaySharp cutting framework cuts without undesirable contact, enormously lessening wear for dependable execution
- New reversible grass chute can be situated to coordinate clippings forward, away from your feet, or in reverse and descending
- Inset wheels enable the sharp edges to reach out over the mower’s full 18-inch cut width and cut stature can be effectively balanced from 1-4 inch
Inset wheels enable the sharp edges to reach out over the mower’s full width, taking out whole strips and edges close establishments and walls.
- This is a lot easier to push and lighter (easier to turn) than a motorized mower when keeping the grass mowed regularly. It’s very simple to regulate the height of the mower, easy to adjust the handle, and not hard to adjust the blade to a club that is cutting (requires an 11mm and a 13mm wrench or socket, and I also would suggest watching Fiskars movie onto it).
- The handle curves up bringing down the angle that is pressing which gives more horizontal force, but still has enough downward force for traction. That is, you don’t need to drop the handle as much in the tough spots it is already below both hands. This allows you to mow with better posture much less energy.
- Front handle for adjusting the blade height doubles as a handle to raise the mower with the handle that is primary it is easy to carry (if 52 lbs aren’t problematic for you).
- Blade guard blows the grass out the front associated with the mower reducing the total amount of grass from any items which may come flying on you and protecting you. This also allows you to re-cut and work with the grass leaving fewer clumps and a nicer that is much lawn.
- The bar in the front along with utilizing the cutting bar placement deters most sticks from entering the mower.
- The front wheels are wider than the blades you might be about to mow, together with back wheels are narrower compared to the blade so that the main compaction from the mower is on mowed grass so you don’t push down what.
- The mower is well balanced with the fat of the handles to the extra weight associated with the mower meaning it is a lot easier to enhance the blade height simply because it is more intuitive to lift than nudge down the mower. Also, being well-balanced means it is very easy to show, but again perfectly, therefore, i.e. the blade stays down when it is wanted by you too.
- This is easy enough to push that going under branches is not that bad. It is a very easy task to offer a push that is great for the mower to mow a few legs for you. It is additionally simple to push with one hand, to sidestep the branch.
- The steel used for the blade is the hardness that is perfect for this application. It is softer it doesn’t chip and even reworks itself increasing its capability to stay sharp than you’d want a kitchen knife, but which means.
- If the lawn isn’t too thick, it easily cuts ~5″ grass down to ~1.75″ (third notch, unsure of exact height) in one go. Dense spots need cleanup.
- Pushing the lawn out the leading additionally means additionally you push sticks out the front. This means which you will hit it once more if you hit a stick there exists a chance. Sticks may also get trapped in the guard so they keep sliding down into the blade (i.e. you retain hitting the stick even you are past it) though you think.
- The time that is first I hit a bit of a cypress stick, and I also am not precisely yes what caused it, but the blade dug onto the cutting club, so once we got the stand out it kept sticking just like the stick was still there.
Read More: How to Use a Lawn Mower on Hills
This wound up making the nagging problem even worse. I ended up having to raise the mower on that general side and so the ding was simply barely hitting. Once it stopped hitting we lowered it a little more before the blade reworked itself to be level with the rest of the blade (now you can’t even tell there was a ding).
- Pushing the lawn out the front entails that in thick grass, the mower can build a pile-up in front of itself evoking the need certainly to hand spread the grass to carry on mowing.
- (For this part I am going to call the side with no lever for adjusting blade height the medial side that is”edging). For reasons unknown, when adjusting the blade height, increasing the part that is edging a drastic drop in the blade height. This is complemented by way of a rise that is drastic I first start bringing down blade height.
- This means I can only adjust the blade to a height that is appropriate lowering the blade instead of slowly raising whilst the directions recommend. It seems to have been because of this from the beginning, but I simply knew exactly what had been making it difficult to adjust (I am on my second mow now).
- For some reason, I have to need to readjust the blade times that are several mowing. I will be not sure if this is because of thick grass (very first time cutting I did 8″ grass down to 2.5″ in one go, 2nd time mowing cut ~5″ down to ~1.75″, the second time it had been also wet), or if it’s because of the weird adjusting dilemmas We talked about if it’s because regarding the stick incident, or. But, I have actually to drop the blade before it’ll again cut paper. I am hoping the blade will settle eventually.
- For some reason, on my second time cutting (I might not have noticed it the time that is first the blade is not completely level. I cut in concentric circles if I cut the other direction about half the blade cuts if I cut a good way the complete blade cuts including the overlap. I do not think it is noticeable on the finished lawn, however, it is frustrating that is little.
Tips to Use Fiskars StaySharp Max Reel Lawn Mower
- Rake up any sticks and any mulch (spewed by weed eater in my case) into the yard before mowing particularly if you aren’t catching, as the mower tends to regurgitate sticks, and pieces which are small the mower much easier. The majority of the time I have to stop for the put it is a piece that is small a stick I already cut, or it is mulch.
- Consider a catcher should you choose not to need to be as careful with sticks, and taking out fully small ones is annoying that is getting. I think it is maybe the cut that is small that can cause a lot of difficulties and these would end up in the catcher if you had one. Also, look at a catcher you want to allow it to grow taller between mows for those who have plenty of thick grass and. Catching grass that thick makes it simpler to mow.
- Adjust the handle towards the inch that is main you are using. Additionally adjusts the angle for the handle to the mower when you raise or lower the mowing height. For optimum cutting use the hole because of the true number corresponding to the height you might be cutting at. This gives the traction that is best for to forward movement ratio.
- If you live where stainless metal, as I do, spray the blade with WD-40 or bicycle chain lubricant after use.
Maintenance Reel Lawn Mower
What type of maintenance is this machine need? Like the vast majority of reel mowers, the Fiskars StaySharp Max needs precious little pampering between jobs. The StaySharp cutting system curtails blade-wear and promotes long-lasting dependable performance like few methods before it by strictly limiting contact between the cutting surfaces and the deck. I can’t stress enough just how drastically that not only fine-tunes the cleanliness of every single slice but diminishes each blade’s seasonal sharpening needs.
Otherwise, the terms of the included three-year limited warranty should comprehensively cover most incidental major issues that could arise, though you won’t find much more soundly designed, manufactured, and quality-controlled tools than this. The next time someone looks at a decades-old reel mower and claims “they don’t make ‘em like they used to,” hand over one of these and say, “You’re right. Someone made ‘em even better.”
- Well suited for eco-friendly cutting of all grass types, also tough varieties that are southern St. Augustine, Zoysia, Bahia, and Bermuda grass
- Advanced design is 60% easier to push than other reel mowers
- InertiaDrive reel delivers twice the cutting power to glide through tough spots that would jam other reel mowers
- StaySharp cutting system cuts without unwanted contact, greatly reducing wear for durable performance without costly blade sharpening that is annual
- VersaCut Technology offers cut height settings from 1″-4″, plus a one-touch height adjustment
- Inset wheels allow the blades to increase throughout the mower’s width that is full eliminating uncut strips and edges near foundations and fences
- A reversible grass chute can direct clippings forward, away from your feet, or backward and downward, making it easier to mow patches that are tough limiting messiness
- 18″ cut width
- A 3-year limited warranty
While some people scoff at the notion of a push mower, they need to understand the immense savings they will get and the positive impact they will have on the environment. Fiskars StaySharp Max Reel Lawn Mower is truly the Cadillac of push mowers. Its design ensures that less energy is needed to push it while the blades ensure that every piece of grass is cut away instantly.
Overall the design and ease of use are astounding and it is perfect for side edging and mess-free operation since it blows the clippings forward. After a while of using this, you may find that the grass (especially taller grass) just gets pushed forward instead of cut – this is when you will have to sharpen the blades.
You can buy Fiskars 362050-1001, 18 Inch, StaySharp Max Push Reel Lawn, Mower from Amazon store comparison table here: