Best Types of Vegetable and Tomato CageVegetable and Tomato Cage
To make sure you get the very most from your Vegetable and Tomato Cage, we’d like to tell you a little about how they work and how to make sure your tomato plants grow up strong and beautifully supported all summer long.
The most important thing to note is that the Vegetable and Tomato Cage is more of a replacement for tying tomato plants to a stake than an actual cage. To make them work properly, you will still need to make sure that the initial stalks are contained within the rings.
- ENCOURAGE VERTICAL GROWTH -- The cage supports tomato or other plants, and encourages them to grow vertically. So the fruit and leaves don't weigh down the stems.
- STRONG AND STURDY -- Inside each stake is durable steel core. These stakes are covered with a heavy-duty plastic coating. It means long-lasting performance spanning several seasons.
- CONTINUOUS SUPPORT -- This cage allows constant healthy growth with the placement and movement of the snap-on arms as they easily attach to the stakes.
- EASY TO ASSEMBLE -- No tools needed, this cage takes minimal time and effort to set up. 51 inch height meets the maximum height of most tomato plant varieties. Convenient to store after dismantling.
- FOR CLIMBING PLANTS -- This garden cage is designed specifically for vertical climbing plants to provide support. Perfect for growing tomato plants, pole beans, cucumbers, grapes, and kiwi.
Stakes are not included, because people have different height requirements depending on which plants they are using the cage with. You can use stakes that you might already have at home with the tomato and vegetable cage.
When you first extend and hold up the Vegetable and Tomato Cage, you may be surprised at how flexible and “springy” the Vegetable and Tomato Cage seems. You may even think, “How can something this flexible hold up a full-grown tomato plant?” But don’t let the up-and-down flexibility of the Vegetable and Tomato Cage fool you. That’s because the engineered design of the Veggie Cage means that it does not hold the weight of the plant and all those tomatoes up-and-down, but rather side-to-side. If you were to slide your forearms up inside the Vegetable and Tomato Cage and press outward, you’d see how rigid it suddenly becomes. That’s exactly how it works in your garden. The main branches of the tomato plant lean out against the inside of the rings, and the Veggie Cage becomes “one” with the plant.
- ✔ MULTI-FUNCTION BEST TOMATO CAGES-- 🍅 It is a big upgrade over your basic metal frame ones. They are same heavy-duty, a little nicer to look at, and most important, the adjustable bars. They make it so you can really give the plant support right where it needs it.Doesn't matter if it's tomatoes, pole beans, grapes, climbing fruits and vegetables, etc.
- ✔ MODULAR DIY CAGES DESIGN-- 🍅 you can link them together to form different shapes and heights for the 2 plants you needed them for. Not just a triangle,but also Frame Trellis, teepee trellis, tomato tower and so on; ★★ Come with 9Pcs Vine Clips ★★, make a quick job of adding additional support,you could use an extra one here or there for a naughty branch.
- ✔ STRONG STEEL CORE STAKES-- 🍅 Inside stainless steel provide a durable and sturdy support, green plastic coating will not affect the aesthetics.It means long-lasting performance spanning several seasons and never rust.
- ✔ EASY TO ASSEMBLE AND STORE -- 🍅 These tomato trellis are super easy to put together - takes 3 minutes each cage without the need for tools; At the end of the season they come apart easily and take up very little room for storage.
- ✔ WORRY-FREE WARRANTY -- 🍅 All product from us have 12 months warranty. If you have any question or suggestion during using (Electronic version instructions are available), please feel free to contact us: derlightus.163.com.
The Vegetable and Tomato Cage functions as a truss or like a girder that connects the whole plant making a completely stable and strong “structure”. You will love how simple and natural the spiral Veggie Cage really works. What’s more, the flexibility allows the Vegetable and Tomato Cage to be stored nearly-flat at the end of the season; you need only to flip it upside-down to make it collapse.
As your young tomato plants begin to grow, you’ll want to give it a little “guidance” by tucking the main branches into the coils, when they are tall enough to reach them. Thereafter, you should take a look at your plants about once each week, to make sure that none of the branches are growing outside the Vegetable and Tomato Cage. Any loose branches should simply be tucked inside the nearest coil. As the plant gets taller and taller, you will need to do this less and less(stakes not included).
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: When I mounted the Vegetable and Tomato Cage on the tomato stakes, there were still rings left on the ground. Am I using them correctly?
Answer: Since this feature of the Vegetable and Tomato Cage confused so many people, the manufacturer shortened the product in 2015 and made the rungs much stiffer. It will still work for most plants up to 7 feet, and there is no problem with having excess rings on the ground, but this should eliminate some of the confusion.
- If the accessories missing, please kindly contact us for replacement or refund. We will arrange it in time for you. Dimension: 47.2 Inches Height, 11 Inches Wide
- Usage: Support multi vines of climbing plants, flowers, vegetables. Great stakes for cucumber, eggplant, tomato, ivy, roses, clematis, jasmine, blackberry, beans, peas, grapes, morning glory, long stemmed etc.
- Durable: Each stake inside iron, surface coated plastic, rust-resistant. Great garden helper, easy to insert in soil to support plants.
- Collapsible Design: Promptly Self-assembled, Time-saving, Adjustable Height.
- Reusable and Natural: Green appearance as plants makes it blend into garden. Coated plastic can be used all year round in any weather.
Q: Does this product really work?
Answer: 2018 marks the fourth full season for the Vegetable and Tomato Cage. It is safe to safe that the product works extremely well. Of course, it has to be used properly. It does not exactly function like a cage. Rather, it is an alternative to tying tomato plants that many people feel works much better than cages. For the Veggie Cage to work properly, you must ensure that the stalks are pushed within the cylinder of the “cage” as they grow.
Q: What kind of stake should I use with the Vegetable and Tomato Cage?
Answer: The clamping mechanism on top of the Vegetable and Tomato Cage can accommodate either square or round stakes. In testing, we often use stakes that actually measure 1.25″ x 1.25″. This is the maximum size that fits in the clamp. We cut them to 7 feet in length so that we can bury the stake one foot deep into the ground. Conduit, Re-bar, and other wood stakes can also be used effectively.
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Types of Vegetable and Tomato Cage
- 2 Frequently Asked Questions