Types of Outdoor Sinks
When it comes to choosing a sink for the outdoor space, you have quite a lot to choose from. What type of sink you choose will depend on where you plan on locating the sink and what you will use it for. Here are some of the most popular types of outdoor sinks:
1. Outdoor Garden Sinks
There’s almost nowhere that you need access to water more than the garden! The outdoor garden sink can provide easy access to water for keeping your flowers looking fresh, cleaning off tools when you are done tinkering in the garden, and keeping your hands clean after digging in the dirt.
Plastic Garden Sinks
These are very popular because they are inexpensive and lightweight. They can easily be set up near a shed, along with the side of a fence, or just about anywhere that water is needed. They are also inexpensive, too!
Outdoor Garden Sink Stations
These come complete with additional space for planting and gardening activities. Some include a series of shelves and hooks for storing tools and garden necessities, while others have full sink cabinets to store anything you want inside.
Mobile Garden Sink Carts
Just hook up to a hose and tote these portable garden sinks around anywhere you need them so you have water at a moment’s notice.
2. Outdoor Kitchen Sinks
If you have an outdoor kitchen, one of the main components you need (besides a BBQ of course!) is a sink. Outdoor kitchen sinks are generally made of stainless steel sinks and can be installed right within the counter of your outdoor kitchen, just as they would be inside the house. Some types of outdoor kitchen sink utility sinks include:
- Single sink bowl
- Double bowl sinks
- Cocktail/bar sinks
- Undermount Sinks
- Top mount/drop-in sinks
- Apron Sinks
- sink basin
- stainless steel outdoor sink
- stainless steel faucet
3. Outdoor Portable Sinks
If you have a garden hose faucet, you can hook up an outdoor portable sink. These are self-contained sink units that are on wheels and can be moved all around your backyard or garden. The sink can be contained within a cabinet or can be supported by a series of supports and shelves. Installation only requires you to hook up a garden hose to the sink and then it’s ready to use. For those that enjoy camping, you can even buy small portable sinks to take with you on your next camping trip!
Read More: How to Create Your Own Garden Bathroom
4. Outdoor Utility Sinks
Have large messes to clean outside? The outdoor utility sink and laundry sink may fit the bill! Most utility sinks are made of materials that can withstand outside use and provide great functionality outdoors. Simply select a utility or laundry sink that is sized to fit your needs and install it outside and you’ve got a very functional freestanding outdoor sink! Most utility sinks are made from heavy-duty plastic so they will work perfectly outdoors. Then you can wash anything you want – hands, tools, pool toys, even the dog!
5. Outdoor Sink Stations
An outdoor sink station is similar to a portable outdoor sink, except it is not necessarily on wheels. These outdoor sinks come complete with the sink installed into a cart, cabinet, or workstation so you get more than just a place to wash your hands – you get a place to do work and store items, whether that is for kitchen use, bar use, or gardening use.
Outdoor Sink Installation
Installing outdoor sinks is relatively easy to do. Some types of outdoor sinks can tap right into the outdoor plumbing for your spigot and don’t require major plumbing skills to install. Portable outdoor sinks simply hook up to a garden hose for their water source and require no installation at all – and they can be moved anywhere you need them, as long as your hose is long enough.
Of course, there are some types of Outdoor Sink for Garden that will require a plumber to install, since they function just like sinks inside your home. But the functionality you get from these sinks is usually worth the expense of hiring a professional plumber.
Around the world, the outdoor sink is a very popular and common part of most homes. As outdoor space living becomes a part of every modern family, the need for an outdoor cooking and cleaning area means the kitchen sink on the patio is now a requirement. Most families love to have their little gatherings and create bonding moments together. Doing this in your home make the moments more enjoyable and memorable.
The need for ease of use means it’s extremely practical to have an outdoor entertainment area, so your family can enjoy the fresh air and sunshine while preparing the food in the backyard.
Cooking outdoor is very easy if you have a sink base to use. People love a little party and these occasional fun times are usually held on their veranda or in the backyard.
For anyone who has held one of these special events, it is completely within your rights to have some convenience available while your preparing for your outdoor dining party.
The availability of a sink is also very practical for other uses, such as camping, gardening, and other cleaning duties. They do offer tons of benefits in your homes and gardens.
Important Advantages To Consider – Buy Sinks
If you are interested in having an outdoor sink station, you must be aware of its advantages so you could readily decide whether to have one.
- Going back and forth while preparing for an outdoor gathering is a real hassle. Accidents may likely happen. You don’t have to wash dishes inside while your guests are outside waiting for you. You don’t have to waste your time preparing your utensils by going in and out of the house. Your guests at the same time can easily wash their hands before and after eating.
- Summer will always come whether you like it or not. It is very stressful to clean and cook if it is very hot. Outdoor sinks bring comfortable cooking and cleaning unlike those of small bar sinks, it saves you from the unpleasant hot feeling and helps you achieve that good mood while doing your kitchen chores.
- A sink is a very important accessory in an outdoor kitchen. You can enjoy bonding with family members by having them help you prepare a hearty meal since it is very comfortable and convenient to do these tasks.
- For moms, at times it can be very boring and tiring to do kitchen chores in the kitchen inside the house. Having a new working space will definitely change your mood. You can start making an outdoor kitchen and have a portable outdoor sink because it is easy to build a sink with drain plumbing and you would definitely love the result.
- Gardening is more fun if you start building an outdoor garden sink. Horticultural activities are less demanding. Washing your hands after gardening takes lesser effort and time. it can help you avoid different kinds of a mess if you have these sinks in your yard. Cleaning your tools comes in very handy too.
An outdoor sink with a faucet is a specially important fixture to have. There are different shapes, forms, and brands that offer quality outside sinks at a very affordable price. Washing cars, washing dishes, washing gardening tools, cooking outdoors, and cleaning utensils are just a few that make your life tedious. Having a sink outside is a big help. Its benefits will surely make your life easier and more contented. Start building your own and take advantage of the wonderful things these sinks can provide.
you can buy the most type of skin you want from the Amazon Store here: