Best Lawn Fertilizer Spreaders
A necessary tool for applying fertilizers across a lawn in a uniform manner, fertilizer spreaders are widely used by lawn owners today. These spreaders prevent the formation of fertilizer clumps during the application. This is because the manner in which the fertilizers are spread holds importance from the point of view of the proper growth of the lawn.
Types of Lawn Fertilizer Spreaders
- Rustproof poly hopper
- Solid rod gate control
- Enclosed taper and bevel gear box. Assembled Product Dimension (L x W x H)- 48.0 x 27.1 x 33.6 Inch
- Pneumatic tires
- Optional Pro Kit with sheild available
- Rustproof poly hopper increases product life
- 32" Working width
- Can aerate and seed in one pass with this combined design
- 8 galvanized Steel spike Disks for thorough aeration
- 10" Flat free tires
- Scotts turf builder mini walk-behind broadcast spreader features Scotts exclusive EdgeGuard Technology to keep product off landscaping, driveways, and sidewalks
- Designed to deliver superior results when used with Scotts fertilizer and grass seed products; Can be used for salting - for best results use with Scotts Ice Melt
- Comes pre-calibrated and fully assembled with fold-down handle for easy storage. Pneumatic Tires: No
- Ideal for treating smaller areas, and its compact design allows for easy storage
- Holds up to 5,000 square feet of Scotts lawn products
- 2-in-1 design: The combo aerator-spreader drops seed, fertilizer or lime while you aerate to expedite your time in the lawn and ensures material enters the soil.
- All Steel Hopper: With a 100 lb. (1.74 cu. ft.) capacity, the durable steel hopper prevents twisting and flexing for long-lasting durability.
- Heavy-Duty Nylon Spacers: The heavy-duty spacers provide maximum strength and dependability.
- Calibrated flow control: The flow control feature includes an adjustable stop to ensure accurate spread patterns with minimal waste.
- Galvanized Tine Stars: Featuring 132 tine tips, the 8" diameter galvanized steel stars inhibit rust and perforate the soil up to 2″ deep providing access for air, water, and nutrients to root system.
Top Behind Broadcast Spreader
Calibration and Use of Lawn Fertilizer Spreaders
It is an important step in the process of using spreaders. Directions for the calibration of a lawn fertilizer spreader can be obtained from a nearby garden center. Although lawn spreaders are usually calibrated by the manufacturer, it is necessary to adjust every machine to the conditions in which it has to be used.
While using a lawn fertilizer, the peripheral area of the lawn should be covered at the beginning itself. The internal area should be fertilized by moving the spreader back and forth. This procedure helps to cover the entire area properly. Care should be taken to use fertilizers that are safe and won’t cause any harm even if consumed by pets.
If the above-mentioned steps and procedures are followed properly, they can help lawn fertilizer spreaders give excellent results.