Best Different Types of Lawn Fertilizer Spreaders
Before buying a lawn fertilizer spreader, it’s essential to know what’s available and the differences between the Different Types of Lawn Fertilizer Spreaders. That way, you can make a better decision on which one is right for your lawn.
The best lawn fertilizer spreaders make fertilizing your lawn easy. With a variety of models to choose from, you can find the one that’s perfect for your needs. You’ll find both walk-behind and push-type fertilizers, as well as
A necessary tool for applying fertilizers across a lawn in a uniform manner, fertilizer spreaders are widely used by lawn owners today. These spreaders prevent the formation of fertilizer clumps during the application. This is because the manner in which the fertilizers are spread holds importance from the point of view of the proper growth of the lawn.
Types of Lawn Fertilizer Spreaders
- Rustproof poly hopper
- Solid rod gate control
- Enclosed taper and bevel gear box. Assembled Product Dimension (L x W x H)- 48.0 x 27.1 x 33.6 Inch
- Pneumatic tires
- Optional Pro Kit with sheild available
- Rustproof poly hopper increases product life
- 32" Working width
- Can aerate and seed in one pass with this combined design
- 8 galvanized Steel spike Disks for thorough aeration
- 10" Flat free tires
- Use the Scotts Turf Builder EdgeGuard Mini Broadcast Spreader to apply Scotts lawn care products
- Comes pre-calibrated and fully assembled with a fold-down handle for easy storage
- Scotts exclusive EdgeGuard Technology keeps lawn product off landscaping, driveways, and sidewalks
- Features redesigned hopper and agitator for smoother product funneling and consistent coverage
- Holds up to 5,000 sq. ft. of Scotts lawn product, including grass seed and fertilizer - ideal for treating smaller areas
- 2-in-1 design: The combo aerator-spreader drops seed, fertilizer or lime while you aerate to expedite your time in the lawn and ensures material enters the soil.
- All Steel Hopper: With a 100 lb. (1.74 cu. ft.) capacity, the durable steel hopper prevents twisting and flexing for long-lasting durability.
- Heavy-Duty Nylon Spacers: The heavy-duty spacers provide maximum strength and dependability.
- Calibrated flow control: The flow control feature includes an adjustable stop to ensure accurate spread patterns with minimal waste.
- Galvanized Tine Stars: Featuring 132 tine tips, the 8" diameter galvanized steel stars inhibit rust and perforate the soil up to 2″ deep providing access for air, water, and nutrients to root system.
Top Behind Broadcast Spreader
Calibration and Use of Lawn Fertilizer Spreaders
It is an important step in the process of using spreaders. Directions for the calibration of a lawn fertilizer spreader can be obtained from a nearby garden center. Although Handheld Lawn Spreaders are usually calibrated by the manufacturer, it is necessary to adjust every machine to the conditions in which it has to be used.
While using a lawn fertilizer, the peripheral area of the lawn should be covered at the beginning itself. The internal area should be fertilized by moving the spreader back and forth. This procedure helps to cover the entire area properly. Care should be taken to use fertilizers that are safe and won’t cause any harm even if consumed by pets.
If the above-mentioned steps and procedures are followed properly, they can help lawn fertilizer spreaders give excellent results.