There are many simple ways to spruce up your garden. Even though these ideas may be simple to design or add to your garden, they can make a large difference in how your garden looks!
Best Simple Garden Ideas: Patio
Creating a patio space in your garden is a great way to make a place for relaxation or socializing in your yard.
- Put down some concrete or stones to make a flat area where you can put some chairs and a table
- Border your patio with planters or containers to help make it stand out in your garden
- Make some shade for your patio by buying or purchasing a structure to go overhead; you can even grow vine or climber plants on the top to add beauty to your structure
Best Simple Garden Ideas: Pathways
Creating some simple 3’-4’ wide pathways through your garden adds style as well as allows people to explore your garden.
- Use round or square concrete blocks embedded in the ground to create a pathway
- Clear plants from your planned walkway, and then fill it will small pebbles
- Use a plain dirt walkway and line the sides with rocks or one type of plant
- Place items of interest along the walkway, like arches or water features
Best Simple Garden Ideas: Create a Design
If you plan beforehand what you want your plants to look like all together, it will help your garden visually and make for less transplanting later.
- Plant color in groups and then surround them with evergreen shrubs to provide contrast
- Layer your plants from shortest to tallest so that you will be able to see all of your plants once they are fully grown
- Consider covering ugly fences/walls with vines or climber plants
- If you want to add above-ground features, like raised beds or containers, make sure you make space for them
- To add privacy to any place in your garden, use taller shrubs/bushes
Best Simple Garden Ideas: Install Other Features
If you have the finances, you may want to consider adding features like an outdoor kitchen or a pool to your garden. This will allow for more opportunities to be outside and enjoy your garden!
- Installing a pool is great for those who have children or like to host events; you can always decorate your pool deck with potted plants
- An outdoor kitchen or bar is a great place for socializing in your garden
- Install a fountain or waterfall to add a soothing visual and audial feature