Garden Nursery All Think You Should Know
A garden nursery is an ideal place to purchase garden plants, flowers, and get advice. They will have all the plants you will need for your vegetable garden, flower bed, and/or fruit orchard. A garden center will even have a wide selection of house plants that will beautify your home’s interior and help purify the indoor air.
A plant nursery will carry a wide array of perennial plants to use in your landscape. Healthy plants from a garden near you will stock perennial plants that are native to your region and can thrive in your climate.
A plant nursery near you will be a valuable source of information for you and help you become a successful gardener.
Discover new plants and how to grow them while visiting a local nursery, and you can even get advice on landscape design from one of the knowledgeable associates at the store.
A garden nursery carries much more than just perennial plants, seeds, vegetable plants, and indoor plants, they also carry garden tools. Having the proper garden tools will make gardening chores easier and quicker.
Plant food, solar lights, tomatoes cages, mulch, peat pots, shovels, hoes, rakes, and many other supplies that will make plants grow better can be found at a plant store near you. Even garden storage sheds can be found at a plant nursery so you will have a dry place to store all your garden supplies.
and shrubs that can be purchased at a garden nursery. Perennial
plants return year after year and help you create a low maintenance
Many garden supply centres also carry animal feed so you can pick up food for chickens, ducks, fish, and rabbits while shopping for garden supplies.
Purchasing a chicken coop, or the
material to build a DIY one, can usually be found at a garden
center near you. Some can even supply you with baby chickens,
ducks, or turkeys.
Growing your own animal food is easy too. One of the garden experts working at the nursery can give you advice on which types of plants to grow for animal food.
If you don’t have food-producing animals you want to grow food for, you may want to grow plants that will attract pollinators, like bees and birds. Get advice at the nursery for plants to grow for a bee and butterfly garden so you can help keep the pollinators thriving.
- Package Include：50pc plants nursery pots. Nursery Pot dimensions : 6 Inch(13 cm)Round At the Top. 6*6*5.1“（15cm*15cm*13cm).
- Material：The pots are made of lightweight, soft and thin material, which will deform but not broken under pressure and extrusion. They are washable and reusable.
- Drainage Systerm：Adorable Nursery Pot bottom has small Drain holes to keep soil drained and ventilated.
- Make Your Own Garden：Set of 50pc flower pots are suitable for planting most small and medium-sized plants，Vivid Lovely colors.Separate drip trays,Can Decorate your garden,your office and room with plants.
- Widely Used：Perfect for starting seedlings, or transplanting seedlings from smaller cells into these pots. Starting an indoor garden is easy with our bulk pack of nursery pots.Great for garden lovers.
- Enough Quantity: You will receive 110 nursery pots, which has high cost performance. The 4-inch plants nursery pots are suitable for greening projects, home gardening, flower display in shopping malls, garden nursery and so on.
- Durable: These plastic nursery pot is made of PP material, which has no stimulating smell. With good quality and strong flexibility, it will not be damaged; it is also break-resistant and wear resistant. The nursery pot can be restored to it's original shape by hand once deformed, and can be reused after washing.
- Size: The outside diameter of the top is 4in, the bottom is 2.6in, and the height is 3.2in. These plants nursery pots are very suitable succulent seedling breeding and urban landscape plant cultivation.
- Design Improvement: There are 8 drainage holes at the bottom of the plants nursery pots. We improved the design, thickened the bottom, increased the number of drainage holes. Increasing the holes to facilitate drainage and gas flow, prevent root rot, and improve the survival rate of the nursery.
- Beautiful and Practical: The product is integrated, with simple design, red brick exterior and dark interior, which can effectively prevent ultraviolet, beautiful and practical.
- WHAT YOU GET -- 120 pcs nursery pots; comes with 15 pcs plant labels, and you can identify your seedlings by marking their name on the labels.
- PERFECT SIZE -- Opening diameter 6”, height 4.9”, bottom diameter 4”. They are ideal for succulents, seed starting, cuttings and transplanting.
- FLEXIBLE & REUSABLE -- The pots are made of lightweight, soft and thin material, which will deform but not broken under pressure and extrusion. They are washable and reusable.
- DRAINAGE HOLES-- There are drainage holes on the bottom ensuring proper drainage, while allow plants to breathe freely.
- WIDELY USED -- These nursery pots are perfect for starting seedlings, or transplanting seedlings from smaller cells into these pots. Starting an indoor garden is easy with our bulk pack of nursery pots.
07 Think on Gardens Nursery
Plants, exactly as any other living being, require special care depending on a wide variety of factors. Similarly to humans, plants are as well way more vulnerable when they are growing; and even when some plants can thrive in nature without any help, human intervention along centuries of selective breeding and bringing some species out of their natural habits has caused some species to demand intensive human care on the first stages of their lives. This has lead to a very interesting concept: gardens nurseries. But, what exactly are gardens nurseries?
Objectives of a gardens nursery
Exactly as it happens with regular, human nurseries, a garden nursery is a place where people take care of plants while they are growing. Expert gardeners plant them in bulk and provide them with the specific cares they need, such as special temperatures, nutrients, water, and/or pesticides. Plants stay on a gardens nursery until they are grown enough to be sold or moved to a less controlled environment, like a regular botanical garden.
Types of gardens nurseries
There are several different types of gardens nurseries, depending on the purpose that the gardeners had in mind at the moment of planting the first seeds. There are nurseries that aim only to sell regular plants for personal gardening; these types of nurseries frequently gather the seedlings or twigs for grafts to sell them to gardening enthusiasts.
Also, it is not infrequent to find nurseries destined to commercial agriculture, forestry or even conservation biology; on this last type, plants are often first moved from the nursery to a botanical garden before deciding whether or not to release the plant in question into nature.
While the words “gardens nursery” can make us think of a confined room, truth is that nurseries can grow plants in open fields, on container fields, in greenhouses or tunnels; it all depends on the plants the nursery is trying to grow and their particular special needs.
For example, ornamental trees and amenity plantings are grown in open fields, shrubs and herbaceous small plants are grown on container fields, and delicate plants are grown in greenhouses or tunnels to protect them from the frost and to properly control the nutrients, sunlight, and ventilation they get.
One of the first relevant factors that come to mind when thinking about any type of gardening is the soil fertility since the seedling growth is incredibly conditioned by it; thus, gardens nurseries need to make sure that the soil they provide is readily amenable to amelioration. To improve fertility, gardeners and botanical scientists provide soils at gardens nurseries with several minerals –such as phosphorus, potassium, nitrogen, magnesium, and calcium-. This not only improves the survival rate of the seedlings in particularly harsh conditions, but it also helps the plants achieve sometimes even twice the height of their regular, unfertilized counterparts.
Planting stock is the name commonly given to the cuttings, transplants, seedlings and wildings a plant nursery has destined to planting out. The quality of the stock relies upon several factors, but the main one is the ability of the nursery to implement the objectives of management –to the end of the rotation or achievement of the specified sought benefits-. This means that the quality of the stock depends on a clear expression of the intended objectives and the posterior evaluation of the results against the goals set.
It is important to differentiate the actual planting stock quality –which, as stated, is a comparison between the results obtained by a nursery and the goals they were pretending to achieve with that particular stock- and the planting stock performance potential –also known as PSPP-. The actual planting stock quality depends on several factors inherent to the particular seedling, like resistance to harsh conditions, while the PSPP is how plants perform after being taken out from the nursery, and it relies on how well prepared they were at the nursery for surviving in a less controlled environment.
Since there are several nurseries spread all around the world, a proper classification system and universalized standard for the stock is a very important step towards better organizing the industry. For example, the first of a series of identifying numbers in a plant indicates how many years any particular lot of stock spent in the nursery seedbed. The second number indicates the years spent between the first and second transplantation (if there is any) and the third number in the series indicates the time spent between second lifting/transplantation and the lot being sold.
There are also several other types of classification standards, such as seedling description codes, classification by system, by physiological characteristics, and seedling nomenclatures.
It is safe to say that without gardens nurseries, our life wouldn’t be the same. While nurseries destined to personal gardening might only contribute to a beautiful and entertaining hobby, providing seedlings for personal use, nurseries destined to agriculture play a fundamental role in how we, the final consumer, get our hands around useful fruits and flowers in such an easy manner. Finally, gardens nurseries dedicated to conservation biology have probably the most impact of them all, since they are the place where experimented botanical scientists study the behavior and characteristics of particular plants and seek to improve a particular ecosystem with the introduction or withdrawal of some species, balancing life on it and improving sustainability.